Zant named V.P. at Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
A veteran Mississippi State University administrator is being named the land-grant institution’s vice president for budget and planning. Don A. Zant has served as director of internal audit since 1997.
A member of the president’s cabinet, the vice president for budget and planning serves as Mississippi State’s chief financial officer and has oversight for units that include: controller and treasurer; procurement and contracts; accounts payable; property control; and, receiving.
A native Texan, Zant holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Lubbock Christian University, from which he graduated magna cum laude. He earlier served as assistant director of internal audit at Texas Tech University as well as a senior auditor with a private firm.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015