Zant named V.P. at Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
A veteran Mississippi State University administrator is being named the land-grant institution’s vice president for budget and planning. Don A. Zant has served as director of internal audit since 1997.
A member of the president’s cabinet, the vice president for budget and planning serves as Mississippi State’s chief financial officer and has oversight for units that include: controller and treasurer; procurement and contracts; accounts payable; property control; and, receiving.
A native Texan, Zant holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Lubbock Christian University, from which he graduated magna cum laude. He earlier served as assistant director of internal audit at Texas Tech University as well as a senior auditor with a private firm.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions