Zant named V.P. at Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
A veteran Mississippi State University administrator is being named the land-grant institution’s vice president for budget and planning. Don A. Zant has served as director of internal audit since 1997.
A member of the president’s cabinet, the vice president for budget and planning serves as Mississippi State’s chief financial officer and has oversight for units that include: controller and treasurer; procurement and contracts; accounts payable; property control; and, receiving.
A native Texan, Zant holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Lubbock Christian University, from which he graduated magna cum laude. He earlier served as assistant director of internal audit at Texas Tech University as well as a senior auditor with a private firm.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county