Zant named V.P. at Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
A veteran Mississippi State University administrator is being named the land-grant institution’s vice president for budget and planning. Don A. Zant has served as director of internal audit since 1997.
A member of the president’s cabinet, the vice president for budget and planning serves as Mississippi State’s chief financial officer and has oversight for units that include: controller and treasurer; procurement and contracts; accounts payable; property control; and, receiving.
A native Texan, Zant holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Lubbock Christian University, from which he graduated magna cum laude. He earlier served as assistant director of internal audit at Texas Tech University as well as a senior auditor with a private firm.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month