Zant named V.P. at Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
A veteran Mississippi State University administrator is being named the land-grant institution’s vice president for budget and planning. Don A. Zant has served as director of internal audit since 1997.
A member of the president’s cabinet, the vice president for budget and planning serves as Mississippi State’s chief financial officer and has oversight for units that include: controller and treasurer; procurement and contracts; accounts payable; property control; and, receiving.
A native Texan, Zant holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Lubbock Christian University, from which he graduated magna cum laude. He earlier served as assistant director of internal audit at Texas Tech University as well as a senior auditor with a private firm.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- $134M proposed for 10 BP-funded oil spill recovery projects