Hope participating in Treasury program
Published: September 20,2010
JACKSON — Hope Federal Credit Union has closed a $4.52-million secondary capital investment through the Treasury Department’s Community Development Capital Initiative.
According to Hope, it is one of the first credit unions to participate in this program, and will use the funds to increase financing to small businesses and home owners and promote development in economically distressed communities across the Mid South.
“By investing in credit unions and other community development financial institutions, Treasury is supporting a key segment of the nation’s finance sector,” said Bill Bynum, Hope CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey