Hope participating in Treasury program
Published: September 20,2010
JACKSON — Hope Federal Credit Union has closed a $4.52-million secondary capital investment through the Treasury Department’s Community Development Capital Initiative.
According to Hope, it is one of the first credit unions to participate in this program, and will use the funds to increase financing to small businesses and home owners and promote development in economically distressed communities across the Mid South.
“By investing in credit unions and other community development financial institutions, Treasury is supporting a key segment of the nation’s finance sector,” said Bill Bynum, Hope CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation