MDA awards last of renewable energy grants
Published: September 20,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) recently announced 11 grants in the second round of awards under the Market Transformation and Technology Deployment: Renewable Energy Projects grant program.
The program, a part of the State Energy Program (SEP) funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), was designed to offer grants to projects that deploy commercially-available renewable energy systems in locations around the state.
These 11 awards join six awards made in the first round of funding, which were announced earlier this year.
All available funding has been allocated for this program. No further applications will be accepted.
The Renewable Energy Projects grant program funded projects in the following categories: photovoltaic systems, solar evaporators, biomass and waste heat recovery.
Through ARRA, the SEP provides $40.4 million to Mississippi for programs related to energy-efficient buildings, market transformation and technology deployment and job protection through energy economic development. In Mississippi, the SEP provides assistance to both public and private entities to move the state toward greater energy efficiency, energy independence and sustainability while creating and preserving jobs in the state.
The 11 recent grantees are: Spencer Pope Farms in Carthage ($240,907); Earthgrains Bakery Group in Meridian ($307,500); Central Mississippi Health Center in Jackson ($225,000); Alcorn School District in Corinth ($287,442); University of Mississippi Center for Manufacturing Excellence ($529,395); Stone County Middle School in Wiggins ($300,000); Stone County High School in Wiggins ($300,000); SABIC-IP in Bay St. Louis ($457,500); Greenwood Utilities Commission in Greenwood ($166,500); Stone Hollow Inc. in Lena ($300,000); and, The Taylor Group Inc. in Louisville ($360,321).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015