Report: Paychecks remain largely unchanged
WASHINGTON — Real average hourly earnings for all employees was unchanged from July to August, seasonally adjusted, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. This result stems from a 0.3 percent increase in average hourly earnings, which was offset by a 0.3 percent increase in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U).
Real average weekly earnings were about unchanged over the month, as a result of no change in both the average work week and real average hourly earnings. Since reaching a recent low in Oct. 2009, real average weekly earnings have risen 2 percent.
Real average hourly earnings rose 0.5 percent, seasonally adjusted, from Aug. 2009 to Aug. 2010. A 1.2 percent increase in average weekly hours, combined with the increase in real average hourly earnings resulted in a 1.7 percent increase in real average weekly earnings during this period.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option