SMSH expands service into four more counties
PURVIS — The Mississippi Department of Mental Health has revised the psychiatric services catchment areas for Mississippi State Hospital in Whitfield and South Mississippi State Hospital (SMSH) in Purvis.
Effective immediately, the catchment area for SMSH will include Hancock, Harrison, Stone and Pearl River counties in addition to the nine counties the Purvis facility currently serves.
Since it’s opening in 2000, SMSH has primarily served Lamar, Forrest, Marion, Perry, Greene, Wayne, Jones, Covington and Jefferson Davis counties.
Wynona Winfield, SMSH director, said, “Rather than having to drive to State Hospital in Whitfield for treatment, care here in Purvis will be much more accessible for them and will allow their families to visit more frequently and participate in their care planning.”
In a separate item, SMSH has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.
The Joint Commission conducted an unannounced, on-site evaluation of SMSH recently.
“South Mississippi State Hospital’s accreditation achievement is a demonstration of the organization’s leadership and staff commitment to excellence,” said Mary Cesare-Murphy, Ph.D., executive director of the Behavioral Health Care Accreditation Program at The Joint Commission. “Joint Commission accreditation requires organization-wide dedication to providing safe, client-focused care, treatment and services.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job