Tyson makes generous donation to Food Network
JACKSON — Tyson Foods has delivered more than 23,000 pounds of food to Mississippi Food Network, a member of Feeding America.
Since 2000, Tyson Foods has been a leader in the fight against hunger. The company is actively engaged in food-donation events and fund-raising activities year-round to benefit those in need. This most recent donation given by Tyson brings the company’s total in-kind donations since 2000 to more than 76 million pounds. This milestone equates to more than 296 million meals donated to food banks and agencies serving local communities around the country.
Last year alone, Tyson donated nearly eight million pounds of protein to Feeding America.
In 2009, Mississippi Food Network distributed more than 15 million pounds of food and grocery product through our agencies across Mississippi and provided for more than 110,000 people each month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!