Tyson makes generous donation to Food Network
JACKSON — Tyson Foods has delivered more than 23,000 pounds of food to Mississippi Food Network, a member of Feeding America.
Since 2000, Tyson Foods has been a leader in the fight against hunger. The company is actively engaged in food-donation events and fund-raising activities year-round to benefit those in need. This most recent donation given by Tyson brings the company’s total in-kind donations since 2000 to more than 76 million pounds. This milestone equates to more than 296 million meals donated to food banks and agencies serving local communities around the country.
Last year alone, Tyson donated nearly eight million pounds of protein to Feeding America.
In 2009, Mississippi Food Network distributed more than 15 million pounds of food and grocery product through our agencies across Mississippi and provided for more than 110,000 people each month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity