Cadence mum on efforts to stave off takeover
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank officials say they cannot comment on efforts to raise capital to meet federal requirements.
Bank officials tell The Commercial Dispatch that the bank is in a required quiet period and cannot comment.
They say the bank has not being taken over by the government and has not closed.
Cadence had until Sunday to raise total capital to at least 12 percent of risk-weighted assets and have Tier 1 capital — a common measure of the solvency of banks — at least equal to 9 percent of adjusted total assets, or it could be required to sell or merge.
That’s according to a May consent order the bank entered with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi