Cadence mum on efforts to stave off takeover
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank officials say they cannot comment on efforts to raise capital to meet federal requirements.
Bank officials tell The Commercial Dispatch that the bank is in a required quiet period and cannot comment.
They say the bank has not being taken over by the government and has not closed.
Cadence had until Sunday to raise total capital to at least 12 percent of risk-weighted assets and have Tier 1 capital — a common measure of the solvency of banks — at least equal to 9 percent of adjusted total assets, or it could be required to sell or merge.
That’s according to a May consent order the bank entered with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015