Cadence mum on efforts to stave off takeover
by Associated Press
Published: September 22,2010
Tags: banking and finance
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank officials say they cannot comment on efforts to raise capital to meet federal requirements.
Bank officials tell The Commercial Dispatch that the bank is in a required quiet period and cannot comment.
They say the bank has not being taken over by the government and has not closed.
Cadence had until Sunday to raise total capital to at least 12 percent of risk-weighted assets and have Tier 1 capital — a common measure of the solvency of banks — at least equal to 9 percent of adjusted total assets, or it could be required to sell or merge.
That’s according to a May consent order the bank entered with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data