Cadence mum on efforts to stave off takeover
by Associated Press
Published: September 22,2010
Tags: banking and finance
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank officials say they cannot comment on efforts to raise capital to meet federal requirements.
Bank officials tell The Commercial Dispatch that the bank is in a required quiet period and cannot comment.
They say the bank has not being taken over by the government and has not closed.
Cadence had until Sunday to raise total capital to at least 12 percent of risk-weighted assets and have Tier 1 capital — a common measure of the solvency of banks — at least equal to 9 percent of adjusted total assets, or it could be required to sell or merge.
That’s according to a May consent order the bank entered with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil