Cadence mum on efforts to stave off takeover
by Associated Press
Published: September 22,2010
Tags: banking and finance
STARKVILLE — Cadence Bank officials say they cannot comment on efforts to raise capital to meet federal requirements.
Bank officials tell The Commercial Dispatch that the bank is in a required quiet period and cannot comment.
They say the bank has not being taken over by the government and has not closed.
Cadence had until Sunday to raise total capital to at least 12 percent of risk-weighted assets and have Tier 1 capital — a common measure of the solvency of banks — at least equal to 9 percent of adjusted total assets, or it could be required to sell or merge.
That’s according to a May consent order the bank entered with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability