Corchis promoted to newly created position
Published: September 22,2010
BILOXI and TUNICA — MGM Resorts International has appointed George P. Corchis Jr. to the newly created position of president and COO of Regional Operations for MGM Resorts International. In his new position, Corchis has assumed responsibility for managing the strategic direction of MGM Grand Detroit while maintaining responsibility for overseeing Beau Rivage in Biloxi and Gold Strike in Tunica. He most recently served as president and COO of the company’s two Mississippi properties.
Corchis originally joined the company in 1993 as part of the finance department of The Mirage Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. He went on to join Binion’s Horseshoe in 1994 where he quickly attained key management positions during a successful 11-year tenure.
Corchis is the only executive to serve in primary leadership positions at each of the three Horseshoe properties outside Nevada. He also served in a dual role for Harrah’s Entertainment Inc. as senior vice president and general manager of the Horseshoe Casino & Hotel and the Sheraton Casino & Hotel, both in Tunica.
Corchis earned a bachelor of commerce degree in honors business administration from the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015