Corchis promoted to newly created position
by Wally Northway
Published: September 22,2010
BILOXI and TUNICA — MGM Resorts International has appointed George P. Corchis Jr. to the newly created position of president and COO of Regional Operations for MGM Resorts International. In his new position, Corchis has assumed responsibility for managing the strategic direction of MGM Grand Detroit while maintaining responsibility for overseeing Beau Rivage in Biloxi and Gold Strike in Tunica. He most recently served as president and COO of the company’s two Mississippi properties.
Corchis originally joined the company in 1993 as part of the finance department of The Mirage Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. He went on to join Binion’s Horseshoe in 1994 where he quickly attained key management positions during a successful 11-year tenure.
Corchis is the only executive to serve in primary leadership positions at each of the three Horseshoe properties outside Nevada. He also served in a dual role for Harrah’s Entertainment Inc. as senior vice president and general manager of the Horseshoe Casino & Hotel and the Sheraton Casino & Hotel, both in Tunica.
Corchis earned a bachelor of commerce degree in honors business administration from the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections