Chaney talks healthcare reform with Obama
WASHINGTON — Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney was in Washington yesterday to meet with the Obama Administration to discuss the healthcare law.
A news release from his office says Chaney will be among several insurance commissioners from other states attending the meeting.
Earlier this week, Chaney told the Joint Legislative Budget Committee he was going to Washington, and he said it would be a mistake to tell federal officials they should handle every facet of the new health system.
Chaney told the committee his greatest concern was that the state would have 350,000 to 500,000 new people on Medicaid and Medicare.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion