Chaney talks healthcare reform with Obama
WASHINGTON — Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney was in Washington yesterday to meet with the Obama Administration to discuss the healthcare law.
A news release from his office says Chaney will be among several insurance commissioners from other states attending the meeting.
Earlier this week, Chaney told the Joint Legislative Budget Committee he was going to Washington, and he said it would be a mistake to tell federal officials they should handle every facet of the new health system.
Chaney told the committee his greatest concern was that the state would have 350,000 to 500,000 new people on Medicaid and Medicare.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs