Chaney talks healthcare reform with Obama
WASHINGTON — Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney was in Washington yesterday to meet with the Obama Administration to discuss the healthcare law.
A news release from his office says Chaney will be among several insurance commissioners from other states attending the meeting.
Earlier this week, Chaney told the Joint Legislative Budget Committee he was going to Washington, and he said it would be a mistake to tell federal officials they should handle every facet of the new health system.
Chaney told the committee his greatest concern was that the state would have 350,000 to 500,000 new people on Medicaid and Medicare.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability