Chaney talks healthcare reform with Obama
WASHINGTON — Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney was in Washington yesterday to meet with the Obama Administration to discuss the healthcare law.
A news release from his office says Chaney will be among several insurance commissioners from other states attending the meeting.
Earlier this week, Chaney told the Joint Legislative Budget Committee he was going to Washington, and he said it would be a mistake to tell federal officials they should handle every facet of the new health system.
Chaney told the committee his greatest concern was that the state would have 350,000 to 500,000 new people on Medicaid and Medicare.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued