Chaney talks healthcare reform with Obama
WASHINGTON — Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney was in Washington yesterday to meet with the Obama Administration to discuss the healthcare law.
A news release from his office says Chaney will be among several insurance commissioners from other states attending the meeting.
Earlier this week, Chaney told the Joint Legislative Budget Committee he was going to Washington, and he said it would be a mistake to tell federal officials they should handle every facet of the new health system.
Chaney told the committee his greatest concern was that the state would have 350,000 to 500,000 new people on Medicaid and Medicare.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable