DMR holding meeting about harbor project
PASS CHRISTIAN — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) will hold a public hearing on a proposed project to expand the existing Pass Christian Harbor. The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. Oct. 13 at the Pass Christian City Complex court room.
The City of Pass Christian has filed an application with the DMR requesting permission to expand the Pass Christian Harbor to include an additional 213 recreational slips and 144 commercial slips. The applicant proposes to construct nine main piers, 178 finger piers, three access ramps, a seafood pier, commercial loading pier, scenic overlook, boat launch piers and an observation pier. The total shading for these structures will not exceed 83,053 square feet.
The applicant proposes to install no more than 1,000 mooring piles, channel markers and navigation devices, to construct 10,560 square feet of boat launches using 3,000 cubic yards of concrete fill, to construct 3,200 linear feet of concrete sheet pile bulkhead at 11 feet above mean high tide, to install 2,000 linear feet of breakwater composed of Raymond Piles with a 6-inch clearance between the piles, to fill 8.48 acres of water bottoms for the west basin, east breakwater and east sand fillet, to fill 4.65 acres of the sand beach for parking, picnic and public pavilions, to dredge a basin area 1,200 feet in length and 1,000 feet in width to a final depth of 10 feet below mean lower low water and to dredge a navigational channel 5,500 feet in length and 100 feet in width to a final depth of 10 feet below mean lower low water. The total amount of material to be dredged for both areas will be no greater than 500,000 cubic yards. The applicant also requests seven variances and two use plan changes to guidelines in the Mississippi Coastal Program.
Any person wishing to make comments or objections to the proposed project must submit those comments in writing to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources at 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi MS 39530 and the Office of Pollution Control, P.O. Box 2261, Jackson MS 39225-2261 before 1 p.m. Oct. 12.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi