New GOP ‘compact’ pledges no new taxes
WASHINGTON — The chairman of the House Republican Conference says the party’s new “Pledge to America” compact is designed to roll back “failed economic policies” and rein in the healthcare overhaul.
Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana tells CBS’s “The Early Show” the document being released today represents the party’s response to what its lawmakers have heard at town meetings and from constituents.
Topping the list, says Pence, is a party policy that “Congress ought to be acting to make sure there is no tax increase on any American at any level.”
Pence says tax policies being promoted by President Barack Obama would penalize small businesses. The Republican said, “We simply believe that raising taxes on job creators won’t create jobs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data