New GOP ‘compact’ pledges no new taxes
WASHINGTON — The chairman of the House Republican Conference says the party’s new “Pledge to America” compact is designed to roll back “failed economic policies” and rein in the healthcare overhaul.
Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana tells CBS’s “The Early Show” the document being released today represents the party’s response to what its lawmakers have heard at town meetings and from constituents.
Topping the list, says Pence, is a party policy that “Congress ought to be acting to make sure there is no tax increase on any American at any level.”
Pence says tax policies being promoted by President Barack Obama would penalize small businesses. The Republican said, “We simply believe that raising taxes on job creators won’t create jobs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'