New GOP ‘compact’ pledges no new taxes
WASHINGTON — The chairman of the House Republican Conference says the party’s new “Pledge to America” compact is designed to roll back “failed economic policies” and rein in the healthcare overhaul.
Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana tells CBS’s “The Early Show” the document being released today represents the party’s response to what its lawmakers have heard at town meetings and from constituents.
Topping the list, says Pence, is a party policy that “Congress ought to be acting to make sure there is no tax increase on any American at any level.”
Pence says tax policies being promoted by President Barack Obama would penalize small businesses. The Republican said, “We simply believe that raising taxes on job creators won’t create jobs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal