New GOP ‘compact’ pledges no new taxes
WASHINGTON — The chairman of the House Republican Conference says the party’s new “Pledge to America” compact is designed to roll back “failed economic policies” and rein in the healthcare overhaul.
Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana tells CBS’s “The Early Show” the document being released today represents the party’s response to what its lawmakers have heard at town meetings and from constituents.
Topping the list, says Pence, is a party policy that “Congress ought to be acting to make sure there is no tax increase on any American at any level.”
Pence says tax policies being promoted by President Barack Obama would penalize small businesses. The Republican said, “We simply believe that raising taxes on job creators won’t create jobs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge