New GOP ‘compact’ pledges no new taxes
WASHINGTON — The chairman of the House Republican Conference says the party’s new “Pledge to America” compact is designed to roll back “failed economic policies” and rein in the healthcare overhaul.
Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana tells CBS’s “The Early Show” the document being released today represents the party’s response to what its lawmakers have heard at town meetings and from constituents.
Topping the list, says Pence, is a party policy that “Congress ought to be acting to make sure there is no tax increase on any American at any level.”
Pence says tax policies being promoted by President Barack Obama would penalize small businesses. The Republican said, “We simply believe that raising taxes on job creators won’t create jobs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics