Hospital drops opposition to new cath lab
NATCHEZ — Natchez Community Hospital has dropped its opposition to the opening of a catheterization lab at Natchez Regional Medical Center.
NCH CEO Donny Rentfro tells The Natchez Democrat that an appeal would have been lengthy and expensive. He says NCH wants the best healthcare available to the community.
NRMC expects final approval from state health officials in October.
Cardiologist Dr. Brad LeMay says he expects between 40 and 60 patients to receive diagnostic services at the catheterization lab per month.
NCH filed for a certificate of need in Dec. 2009 to build and operate a catheterization lab. NRMC filed for a CON in January to reopen its existing lab.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form