Hospital drops opposition to new cath lab
NATCHEZ — Natchez Community Hospital has dropped its opposition to the opening of a catheterization lab at Natchez Regional Medical Center.
NCH CEO Donny Rentfro tells The Natchez Democrat that an appeal would have been lengthy and expensive. He says NCH wants the best healthcare available to the community.
NRMC expects final approval from state health officials in October.
Cardiologist Dr. Brad LeMay says he expects between 40 and 60 patients to receive diagnostic services at the catheterization lab per month.
NCH filed for a certificate of need in Dec. 2009 to build and operate a catheterization lab. NRMC filed for a CON in January to reopen its existing lab.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015