Hospital drops opposition to new cath lab
NATCHEZ — Natchez Community Hospital has dropped its opposition to the opening of a catheterization lab at Natchez Regional Medical Center.
NCH CEO Donny Rentfro tells The Natchez Democrat that an appeal would have been lengthy and expensive. He says NCH wants the best healthcare available to the community.
NRMC expects final approval from state health officials in October.
Cardiologist Dr. Brad LeMay says he expects between 40 and 60 patients to receive diagnostic services at the catheterization lab per month.
NCH filed for a certificate of need in Dec. 2009 to build and operate a catheterization lab. NRMC filed for a CON in January to reopen its existing lab.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today