Hospital drops opposition to new cath lab
NATCHEZ — Natchez Community Hospital has dropped its opposition to the opening of a catheterization lab at Natchez Regional Medical Center.
NCH CEO Donny Rentfro tells The Natchez Democrat that an appeal would have been lengthy and expensive. He says NCH wants the best healthcare available to the community.
NRMC expects final approval from state health officials in October.
Cardiologist Dr. Brad LeMay says he expects between 40 and 60 patients to receive diagnostic services at the catheterization lab per month.
NCH filed for a certificate of need in Dec. 2009 to build and operate a catheterization lab. NRMC filed for a CON in January to reopen its existing lab.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter