Hospital drops opposition to new cath lab
NATCHEZ — Natchez Community Hospital has dropped its opposition to the opening of a catheterization lab at Natchez Regional Medical Center.
NCH CEO Donny Rentfro tells The Natchez Democrat that an appeal would have been lengthy and expensive. He says NCH wants the best healthcare available to the community.
NRMC expects final approval from state health officials in October.
Cardiologist Dr. Brad LeMay says he expects between 40 and 60 patients to receive diagnostic services at the catheterization lab per month.
NCH filed for a certificate of need in Dec. 2009 to build and operate a catheterization lab. NRMC filed for a CON in January to reopen its existing lab.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program