Baker Donelson recognized for outstanding workplace
JACKSON — Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC has been ranked among the top law firms in the country in the 2010 edition of American Lawyer’s Associates Survey.
This annual listing ranks law firms as workplaces based on feedback from mid-level associates-attorneys in their third, fourth or fifth years of law practice.
Of the nearly 140 firms ranked on the list, Baker Donelson was ranked 20th. This is the first year the firm has participated in this survey.
“Attracting and retaining good people is vital to our ability to serve our clients, so we place a great deal of emphasis on ensuring this is a place where people want to work,” said Ben Adams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Baker Donelson.
The American Lawyer Associates Survey examines 12 areas that contribute to job satisfaction for mid-level associates. They include relations with partners and other associates, the interest and satisfaction level of the work, training and guidance, policy on billable hours, management’s openness about firm strategies and partnership chances, the firm’s attitude toward pro bono work, compensation and benefits and the respondents’ inclination to stay at their firm for at least two more years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center