Holston named to PRCC board of trustees
The Pearl River County Board of Supervisors has appointed Missy Holston to the Pearl River Community College (PRCC) board of trustees. The principal of Pearl River Central Upper Elementary School in Carriere, Holston is a life-long resident of Pearl River County.
Holston transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi after finishing at PRCC and earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and a master’s degree in educational supervision and administration. She has worked for the Pearl River County school district for 18 years and is a member of the Mississippi Professional Educators.
She and her husband, Brent, are the parents of two sons — Hunter, 14, and Conner, 11. Holston succeeds Pearl River County Schools superintendent Dennis Penton, who resigned last month from the PRCC board. Penton served as board secretary, and Sonny Knight has been elected to the board’s new secretary.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues