Holston named to PRCC board of trustees
The Pearl River County Board of Supervisors has appointed Missy Holston to the Pearl River Community College (PRCC) board of trustees. The principal of Pearl River Central Upper Elementary School in Carriere, Holston is a life-long resident of Pearl River County.
Holston transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi after finishing at PRCC and earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and a master’s degree in educational supervision and administration. She has worked for the Pearl River County school district for 18 years and is a member of the Mississippi Professional Educators.
She and her husband, Brent, are the parents of two sons — Hunter, 14, and Conner, 11. Holston succeeds Pearl River County Schools superintendent Dennis Penton, who resigned last month from the PRCC board. Penton served as board secretary, and Sonny Knight has been elected to the board’s new secretary.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity