Holston named to PRCC board of trustees
The Pearl River County Board of Supervisors has appointed Missy Holston to the Pearl River Community College (PRCC) board of trustees. The principal of Pearl River Central Upper Elementary School in Carriere, Holston is a life-long resident of Pearl River County.
Holston transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi after finishing at PRCC and earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and a master’s degree in educational supervision and administration. She has worked for the Pearl River County school district for 18 years and is a member of the Mississippi Professional Educators.
She and her husband, Brent, are the parents of two sons — Hunter, 14, and Conner, 11. Holston succeeds Pearl River County Schools superintendent Dennis Penton, who resigned last month from the PRCC board. Penton served as board secretary, and Sonny Knight has been elected to the board’s new secretary.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement