Holston named to PRCC board of trustees
The Pearl River County Board of Supervisors has appointed Missy Holston to the Pearl River Community College (PRCC) board of trustees. The principal of Pearl River Central Upper Elementary School in Carriere, Holston is a life-long resident of Pearl River County.
Holston transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi after finishing at PRCC and earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and a master’s degree in educational supervision and administration. She has worked for the Pearl River County school district for 18 years and is a member of the Mississippi Professional Educators.
She and her husband, Brent, are the parents of two sons — Hunter, 14, and Conner, 11. Holston succeeds Pearl River County Schools superintendent Dennis Penton, who resigned last month from the PRCC board. Penton served as board secretary, and Sonny Knight has been elected to the board’s new secretary.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life