Holston named to PRCC board of trustees
The Pearl River County Board of Supervisors has appointed Missy Holston to the Pearl River Community College (PRCC) board of trustees. The principal of Pearl River Central Upper Elementary School in Carriere, Holston is a life-long resident of Pearl River County.
Holston transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi after finishing at PRCC and earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and a master’s degree in educational supervision and administration. She has worked for the Pearl River County school district for 18 years and is a member of the Mississippi Professional Educators.
She and her husband, Brent, are the parents of two sons — Hunter, 14, and Conner, 11. Holston succeeds Pearl River County Schools superintendent Dennis Penton, who resigned last month from the PRCC board. Penton served as board secretary, and Sonny Knight has been elected to the board’s new secretary.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program