Keeping our eye on: Chris Madison
Published: September 26,2010
Education: B.A. in accountancy, M.A. in professional accountancy; Mississippi State University
Current Position: Manager, HORNE LLP
Chris Madison started at HORNE LLP as an intern working on oversight analysis and as part of a forensic accounting team for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency. As a specialty accounting manager he served as technical advisor for public assistance compliance as part of the response team to Hurricane Katrina.
An experienced disaster consultant, Madison continues working with state and local governments on issues from regulation compliance to reconstruction funding. He also attends congressional oversight hearings and is currently providing research and guidance related to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Madison is licensed as a fraud examiner in Mississippi and a CPA in Mississippi and Texas.
While earning his undergraduate and graduate degrees at MSU, Madison was a President’s Scholar and was active in Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma and the Accounting Society. He is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
First job ever: Running a snow cone stand
Mississippi’s best-kept secret: Olga’s Restaurant in Jackson
Must-have Mississippi food: Comeback dressing and anything fried
Favorite hangout: El Ranchito in Madison
Favorite television show: “Wipeout”
Favorite movie: “Garden State”
Favorite band: John Butler Trio
Last book read: “A Sense of Urgency” by John Kotter
Best role model: Bryan McDonald (Horne LLP)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices