Keeping our eye on: Chris Madison
Published: September 26,2010
Education: B.A. in accountancy, M.A. in professional accountancy; Mississippi State University
Current Position: Manager, HORNE LLP
Chris Madison started at HORNE LLP as an intern working on oversight analysis and as part of a forensic accounting team for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency. As a specialty accounting manager he served as technical advisor for public assistance compliance as part of the response team to Hurricane Katrina.
An experienced disaster consultant, Madison continues working with state and local governments on issues from regulation compliance to reconstruction funding. He also attends congressional oversight hearings and is currently providing research and guidance related to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Madison is licensed as a fraud examiner in Mississippi and a CPA in Mississippi and Texas.
While earning his undergraduate and graduate degrees at MSU, Madison was a President’s Scholar and was active in Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma and the Accounting Society. He is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
First job ever: Running a snow cone stand
Mississippi’s best-kept secret: Olga’s Restaurant in Jackson
Must-have Mississippi food: Comeback dressing and anything fried
Favorite hangout: El Ranchito in Madison
Favorite television show: “Wipeout”
Favorite movie: “Garden State”
Favorite band: John Butler Trio
Last book read: “A Sense of Urgency” by John Kotter
Best role model: Bryan McDonald (Horne LLP)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years