SBA closing four oil spill recovery centers
Published: September 26,2010
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration announced that due to a steady decrease of activity, the Business Recovery Centers established in George, Hancock and Stone counties to assist those affected by the Deepwater BP Oil Spill will close Sept. 29, at 5 p.m.
However, small businesses can still contact SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800- 659-2955 for information on the low-interest disaster loans.
The centers set to close are located in Lucedale (George County EOC), Waveland (Hancock County Civic Center), Bay St. Louis (Hancock Chamber of Commerce) and Wiggins (Stone County Courthouse.
The SBA will have two remaining Business Recovery Centers in Mississippi. In Harrison County, a Center will remain at the SBA Gulfport Branch Office, Hancock Bank Plaza, Suite 103, Gulfport. In Jackson County, a Center will remain at the Jackson County Fairgrounds, Conference Room A3, in Pascagoula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant