SBA closing four oil spill recovery centers
Published: September 26,2010
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration announced that due to a steady decrease of activity, the Business Recovery Centers established in George, Hancock and Stone counties to assist those affected by the Deepwater BP Oil Spill will close Sept. 29, at 5 p.m.
However, small businesses can still contact SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800- 659-2955 for information on the low-interest disaster loans.
The centers set to close are located in Lucedale (George County EOC), Waveland (Hancock County Civic Center), Bay St. Louis (Hancock Chamber of Commerce) and Wiggins (Stone County Courthouse.
The SBA will have two remaining Business Recovery Centers in Mississippi. In Harrison County, a Center will remain at the SBA Gulfport Branch Office, Hancock Bank Plaza, Suite 103, Gulfport. In Jackson County, a Center will remain at the Jackson County Fairgrounds, Conference Room A3, in Pascagoula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement