SBA closing four oil spill recovery centers
Published: September 26,2010
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration announced that due to a steady decrease of activity, the Business Recovery Centers established in George, Hancock and Stone counties to assist those affected by the Deepwater BP Oil Spill will close Sept. 29, at 5 p.m.
However, small businesses can still contact SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800- 659-2955 for information on the low-interest disaster loans.
The centers set to close are located in Lucedale (George County EOC), Waveland (Hancock County Civic Center), Bay St. Louis (Hancock Chamber of Commerce) and Wiggins (Stone County Courthouse.
The SBA will have two remaining Business Recovery Centers in Mississippi. In Harrison County, a Center will remain at the SBA Gulfport Branch Office, Hancock Bank Plaza, Suite 103, Gulfport. In Jackson County, a Center will remain at the Jackson County Fairgrounds, Conference Room A3, in Pascagoula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love