SBA closing four oil spill recovery centers
Published: September 26,2010
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration announced that due to a steady decrease of activity, the Business Recovery Centers established in George, Hancock and Stone counties to assist those affected by the Deepwater BP Oil Spill will close Sept. 29, at 5 p.m.
However, small businesses can still contact SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800- 659-2955 for information on the low-interest disaster loans.
The centers set to close are located in Lucedale (George County EOC), Waveland (Hancock County Civic Center), Bay St. Louis (Hancock Chamber of Commerce) and Wiggins (Stone County Courthouse.
The SBA will have two remaining Business Recovery Centers in Mississippi. In Harrison County, a Center will remain at the SBA Gulfport Branch Office, Hancock Bank Plaza, Suite 103, Gulfport. In Jackson County, a Center will remain at the Jackson County Fairgrounds, Conference Room A3, in Pascagoula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus