Sledge to coordinate workforce training
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2010
Christie Sledge of Cleveland has assumed the position of workforce coordinator for the Delta Area Workforce Training Pilot Project, a program created in 2009 by the Mississippi Legislature and the Delta Council.
Sledge, who will work from the Delta Council’s offices in Stoneville, will serve on the staff of the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
In the position of workforce coordinator, Sledge will work closely with the Delta Workforce Investment Area and its WIN Job Centers, Mississippi Delta Community College, Coahoma Community College, Holmes Community College, Northwest Mississippi Community College and Hinds Community College, the Mississippi Department of Employment Services, MDA, the Delta Council and economic development professionals throughout the region in order to improve workforce training in the Delta by creating a link between the region’s businesses and workforce and the workforce services and training programs available to them through the state’s community colleges and WIN Job Centers.
Sledge brings to her new position prior experience from Delta State University, where she served the school as director of the Mississippi Small Business Development Center and previously as adjunct instructor of management in the Department of Management, Marketing and Business Administration. She also possesses experience in the field of accounting.
Sledge received both her bachelor of business administration and masters in business administration from Delta State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years