Sledge to coordinate workforce training
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2010
Christie Sledge of Cleveland has assumed the position of workforce coordinator for the Delta Area Workforce Training Pilot Project, a program created in 2009 by the Mississippi Legislature and the Delta Council.
Sledge, who will work from the Delta Council’s offices in Stoneville, will serve on the staff of the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
In the position of workforce coordinator, Sledge will work closely with the Delta Workforce Investment Area and its WIN Job Centers, Mississippi Delta Community College, Coahoma Community College, Holmes Community College, Northwest Mississippi Community College and Hinds Community College, the Mississippi Department of Employment Services, MDA, the Delta Council and economic development professionals throughout the region in order to improve workforce training in the Delta by creating a link between the region’s businesses and workforce and the workforce services and training programs available to them through the state’s community colleges and WIN Job Centers.
Sledge brings to her new position prior experience from Delta State University, where she served the school as director of the Mississippi Small Business Development Center and previously as adjunct instructor of management in the Department of Management, Marketing and Business Administration. She also possesses experience in the field of accounting.
Sledge received both her bachelor of business administration and masters in business administration from Delta State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions