Smith named new leader at CMMC
Scott Smith, a veteran hospital executive who has led hospitals in Mississippi and Louisiana, will become the new CEO at Central Mississippi Medical Center later this month.
This announcement follows the Sept. 1 appointment of Glen Silverman, current leader of Central Mississippi Medical Center, as CEO of Madison County Medical Center in Canton and of the future Madison River Oaks hospital when it opens next year.
Smith comes to CMMC from Teche Regional Medical Center in Morgan City, La., where he has served as CEO since 2006. Prior to that, Smith served as CEO at River West Medical Center in Plaquemine, La., and served as an associate administrator at River Region Health Systems in Vicksburg.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to lead CMMC and to work with the River Oaks network during this exciting time of growth,” said Smith. “I am originally from Greenwood, so my family and I are thrilled about coming home to Mississippi.”
Smith received a master of science in management at Belhaven College and a B.S. from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life