Smith named new leader at CMMC
Scott Smith, a veteran hospital executive who has led hospitals in Mississippi and Louisiana, will become the new CEO at Central Mississippi Medical Center later this month.
This announcement follows the Sept. 1 appointment of Glen Silverman, current leader of Central Mississippi Medical Center, as CEO of Madison County Medical Center in Canton and of the future Madison River Oaks hospital when it opens next year.
Smith comes to CMMC from Teche Regional Medical Center in Morgan City, La., where he has served as CEO since 2006. Prior to that, Smith served as CEO at River West Medical Center in Plaquemine, La., and served as an associate administrator at River Region Health Systems in Vicksburg.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to lead CMMC and to work with the River Oaks network during this exciting time of growth,” said Smith. “I am originally from Greenwood, so my family and I are thrilled about coming home to Mississippi.”
Smith received a master of science in management at Belhaven College and a B.S. from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location