Smith named new leader at CMMC
Scott Smith, a veteran hospital executive who has led hospitals in Mississippi and Louisiana, will become the new CEO at Central Mississippi Medical Center later this month.
This announcement follows the Sept. 1 appointment of Glen Silverman, current leader of Central Mississippi Medical Center, as CEO of Madison County Medical Center in Canton and of the future Madison River Oaks hospital when it opens next year.
Smith comes to CMMC from Teche Regional Medical Center in Morgan City, La., where he has served as CEO since 2006. Prior to that, Smith served as CEO at River West Medical Center in Plaquemine, La., and served as an associate administrator at River Region Health Systems in Vicksburg.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to lead CMMC and to work with the River Oaks network during this exciting time of growth,” said Smith. “I am originally from Greenwood, so my family and I are thrilled about coming home to Mississippi.”
Smith received a master of science in management at Belhaven College and a B.S. from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K