Barbour to raise money for Maine’s LePage
Published: September 27,2010
PORTLAND, Maine — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is coming to Maine to raise money for Republican gubernatorial candidate Paul LePage’s campaign.
Barbour is to host a fundraising luncheon for LePage at DiMillo’s Floating Restaurant in Portland on Monday. Barbour is past chairman of the Republican National Committee and current chairman of the Republican Governors’ Association. He’s in his second term as Mississippi’s governor.
The visit comes after former President Bill Clinton campaigned on behalf of Democrat Libby Mitchell.
LePage, Mitchell and independents Eliot Cutler, Shawn Moody and Kevin Scott will face off in the November election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity