Barbour to raise money for Maine’s LePage
Published: September 27,2010
PORTLAND, Maine — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is coming to Maine to raise money for Republican gubernatorial candidate Paul LePage’s campaign.
Barbour is to host a fundraising luncheon for LePage at DiMillo’s Floating Restaurant in Portland on Monday. Barbour is past chairman of the Republican National Committee and current chairman of the Republican Governors’ Association. He’s in his second term as Mississippi’s governor.
The visit comes after former President Bill Clinton campaigned on behalf of Democrat Libby Mitchell.
LePage, Mitchell and independents Eliot Cutler, Shawn Moody and Kevin Scott will face off in the November election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval