Barbour to raise money for Maine’s LePage
Published: September 27,2010
PORTLAND, Maine — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is coming to Maine to raise money for Republican gubernatorial candidate Paul LePage’s campaign.
Barbour is to host a fundraising luncheon for LePage at DiMillo’s Floating Restaurant in Portland on Monday. Barbour is past chairman of the Republican National Committee and current chairman of the Republican Governors’ Association. He’s in his second term as Mississippi’s governor.
The visit comes after former President Bill Clinton campaigned on behalf of Democrat Libby Mitchell.
LePage, Mitchell and independents Eliot Cutler, Shawn Moody and Kevin Scott will face off in the November election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015