Barbour to raise money for Maine’s LePage
Published: September 27,2010
PORTLAND, Maine — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is coming to Maine to raise money for Republican gubernatorial candidate Paul LePage’s campaign.
Barbour is to host a fundraising luncheon for LePage at DiMillo’s Floating Restaurant in Portland on Monday. Barbour is past chairman of the Republican National Committee and current chairman of the Republican Governors’ Association. He’s in his second term as Mississippi’s governor.
The visit comes after former President Bill Clinton campaigned on behalf of Democrat Libby Mitchell.
LePage, Mitchell and independents Eliot Cutler, Shawn Moody and Kevin Scott will face off in the November election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind