Barbour to raise money for Maine’s LePage
Published: September 27,2010
PORTLAND, Maine — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is coming to Maine to raise money for Republican gubernatorial candidate Paul LePage’s campaign.
Barbour is to host a fundraising luncheon for LePage at DiMillo’s Floating Restaurant in Portland on Monday. Barbour is past chairman of the Republican National Committee and current chairman of the Republican Governors’ Association. He’s in his second term as Mississippi’s governor.
The visit comes after former President Bill Clinton campaigned on behalf of Democrat Libby Mitchell.
LePage, Mitchell and independents Eliot Cutler, Shawn Moody and Kevin Scott will face off in the November election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending