Juliano stepping down as CEO of Trump Entertainment
Published: September 29,2010
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — Mark Juliano, who guided Trump Entertainment Resorts out of its third Chapter 11 filing, is leaving the company.
The Atlantic City casino company announced yesterday it will replace him with Robert Griffin, a former executive at Isle of Capri Casinos. He is expected to take over in late October or early November.
Marc Lasry, Trump Entertainment’s board chairman, praised Griffin as “an experienced gaming executive with extensive knowledge of the industry and hands-on operational experience.”
“We thank Mark Juliano for his substantial contributions to the company over the last few years,” said Lasry, who gained control of the company during the most recent bankruptcy that was filed in Feb. 2009. “The steady hand Mark provided as CEO during the company’s successful reorganization helped position us well for the future.”
Juliano did not immediately return a call seeking comment Tuesday.
The company operates three Atlantic City casinos: Trump Plaza, Trump Marina and the Trump Taj Mahal.
It is now owned primarily by New York-based Avenue Capital Group. Donald Trump owns 10 percent of the company.
The bankruptcy eliminated $1.3 billion worth of debt that had been choking the company.
Griffin currently works as president and CEO of MTR Gaming Group Inc., which owns casinos in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. The company owns Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort in Chester, W.Va., Presque Isle Downs & Casino near Erie, Pa., and Scioto Downs in Columbus, Ohio.
“Trump Entertainment Resorts has a great brand and strong properties, with many promising business opportunities,” Griffin said. “The company has a solid platform for future growth and profitability, and I am very excited to be joining as CEO.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option