Juliano stepping down as CEO of Trump Entertainment
Published: September 29,2010
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — Mark Juliano, who guided Trump Entertainment Resorts out of its third Chapter 11 filing, is leaving the company.
The Atlantic City casino company announced yesterday it will replace him with Robert Griffin, a former executive at Isle of Capri Casinos. He is expected to take over in late October or early November.
Marc Lasry, Trump Entertainment’s board chairman, praised Griffin as “an experienced gaming executive with extensive knowledge of the industry and hands-on operational experience.”
“We thank Mark Juliano for his substantial contributions to the company over the last few years,” said Lasry, who gained control of the company during the most recent bankruptcy that was filed in Feb. 2009. “The steady hand Mark provided as CEO during the company’s successful reorganization helped position us well for the future.”
Juliano did not immediately return a call seeking comment Tuesday.
The company operates three Atlantic City casinos: Trump Plaza, Trump Marina and the Trump Taj Mahal.
It is now owned primarily by New York-based Avenue Capital Group. Donald Trump owns 10 percent of the company.
The bankruptcy eliminated $1.3 billion worth of debt that had been choking the company.
Griffin currently works as president and CEO of MTR Gaming Group Inc., which owns casinos in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. The company owns Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort in Chester, W.Va., Presque Isle Downs & Casino near Erie, Pa., and Scioto Downs in Columbus, Ohio.
“Trump Entertainment Resorts has a great brand and strong properties, with many promising business opportunities,” Griffin said. “The company has a solid platform for future growth and profitability, and I am very excited to be joining as CEO.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'