Land O’ Lakes closing Purina feed mill
LUMBERTON — Land O’ Lakes Purina Feed plant in Lumberton will close Oct. 29, leaving 18 workers without jobs.
Company spokeswoman Jeanne Forbis tells the Hattiesburg American that production and customer service will be moved to other locations, primarily Arcola, La.
The Mississippi plant produces bagged livestock feed — primarily for dairy and beef cattle and horses.
Forbis says the decision to close the plant was based on economic conditions and in response to changing regional market conditions that made the Lumberton plant no longer cost effective to continue to operate.
St. Paul, Minn.-based Land O’ Lakes has operated in Lumberton since 2000 when the company acquired the building from Farmland Industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river