Land O’ Lakes closing Purina feed mill
LUMBERTON — Land O’ Lakes Purina Feed plant in Lumberton will close Oct. 29, leaving 18 workers without jobs.
Company spokeswoman Jeanne Forbis tells the Hattiesburg American that production and customer service will be moved to other locations, primarily Arcola, La.
The Mississippi plant produces bagged livestock feed — primarily for dairy and beef cattle and horses.
Forbis says the decision to close the plant was based on economic conditions and in response to changing regional market conditions that made the Lumberton plant no longer cost effective to continue to operate.
St. Paul, Minn.-based Land O’ Lakes has operated in Lumberton since 2000 when the company acquired the building from Farmland Industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015