Land O’ Lakes closing Purina feed mill
LUMBERTON — Land O’ Lakes Purina Feed plant in Lumberton will close Oct. 29, leaving 18 workers without jobs.
Company spokeswoman Jeanne Forbis tells the Hattiesburg American that production and customer service will be moved to other locations, primarily Arcola, La.
The Mississippi plant produces bagged livestock feed — primarily for dairy and beef cattle and horses.
Forbis says the decision to close the plant was based on economic conditions and in response to changing regional market conditions that made the Lumberton plant no longer cost effective to continue to operate.
St. Paul, Minn.-based Land O’ Lakes has operated in Lumberton since 2000 when the company acquired the building from Farmland Industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds