Alliance AutoGas wins contract from IDOT
ASHEVILLE, N.C. – In what is slated to be the nation’s largest single-state propane AutoGas fueling network, Indiana’s Department of Transportation has awarded Alliance AutoGas a $3.2-million contract for the implementation of 115 clean AutoGas fueling stations.
This network is the first of its kind, according to the company, providing Indiana’s public and private fleet vehicles with easily accessible, statewide AutoGas fueling. The project will help Indiana eliminate the logistical challenges of transitioning to clean alternative fuels.
As part of $10.1 million funded by the U.S. Department of Energy ARRA funds, the AutoGas fueling network will facilitate the use of this clean-burning vehicle fuel across the entire State of Indiana. Once the fueling network is complete, an AutoGas fueling station will be within 30 miles of virtually any locale in the state.
“We are honored to receive this award and we consider it a vote of confidence from the Indiana state government,” says Henry Bodie, Alliance AutoGas vice president of business development. “This DOE-funded project reasserts that AutoGas is a critical piece of the U.S. energy equation.”
As part of a joint venture, Alliance AutoGas founding partners will facilitate the development and installation of the expansive statewide infrastructure, as well as provide state-of-the-art AutoGas dispensing and fueling equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics