Alliance AutoGas wins contract from IDOT
ASHEVILLE, N.C. – In what is slated to be the nation’s largest single-state propane AutoGas fueling network, Indiana’s Department of Transportation has awarded Alliance AutoGas a $3.2-million contract for the implementation of 115 clean AutoGas fueling stations.
This network is the first of its kind, according to the company, providing Indiana’s public and private fleet vehicles with easily accessible, statewide AutoGas fueling. The project will help Indiana eliminate the logistical challenges of transitioning to clean alternative fuels.
As part of $10.1 million funded by the U.S. Department of Energy ARRA funds, the AutoGas fueling network will facilitate the use of this clean-burning vehicle fuel across the entire State of Indiana. Once the fueling network is complete, an AutoGas fueling station will be within 30 miles of virtually any locale in the state.
“We are honored to receive this award and we consider it a vote of confidence from the Indiana state government,” says Henry Bodie, Alliance AutoGas vice president of business development. “This DOE-funded project reasserts that AutoGas is a critical piece of the U.S. energy equation.”
As part of a joint venture, Alliance AutoGas founding partners will facilitate the development and installation of the expansive statewide infrastructure, as well as provide state-of-the-art AutoGas dispensing and fueling equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail