Alliance AutoGas wins contract from IDOT
ASHEVILLE, N.C. – In what is slated to be the nation’s largest single-state propane AutoGas fueling network, Indiana’s Department of Transportation has awarded Alliance AutoGas a $3.2-million contract for the implementation of 115 clean AutoGas fueling stations.
This network is the first of its kind, according to the company, providing Indiana’s public and private fleet vehicles with easily accessible, statewide AutoGas fueling. The project will help Indiana eliminate the logistical challenges of transitioning to clean alternative fuels.
As part of $10.1 million funded by the U.S. Department of Energy ARRA funds, the AutoGas fueling network will facilitate the use of this clean-burning vehicle fuel across the entire State of Indiana. Once the fueling network is complete, an AutoGas fueling station will be within 30 miles of virtually any locale in the state.
“We are honored to receive this award and we consider it a vote of confidence from the Indiana state government,” says Henry Bodie, Alliance AutoGas vice president of business development. “This DOE-funded project reasserts that AutoGas is a critical piece of the U.S. energy equation.”
As part of a joint venture, Alliance AutoGas founding partners will facilitate the development and installation of the expansive statewide infrastructure, as well as provide state-of-the-art AutoGas dispensing and fueling equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects