Court approves Tronox’s reorganization plan
HAMILTON — Tronox Inc. announced that on Sept. 30, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York approved the company’s reorganization.
As a result of such approval, Tronox may now solicit votes on the First Amended Joint Plan of Reorganization of Tronox Incorporated, et al., pursuant to Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
The plan will settle Oklahoma City, Okla.-based Tronox’s legacy environmental and tort liabilities and allow it to emerge from chapter 11 in the coming months.
The plan calls for Tronox to reorganize around its existing operating businesses, including its facilities at Hamilton in Mississippi as well as Oklahoma City, Henderson, Nev., Botlek, The Netherlands, and the Tiwest joint venture in Western Australia.
Tronox commenced its chapter 11 cases Jan. 12, 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement