MDOT awards Coast road building contract
Published: October 1,2010
WAVELAND and BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is overseeing a project to reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Waveland and Bay St. Louis.
The project has been separated into two contracts. The first $8.3-million project was awarded to Lane Construction Company of Ocean Springs, which involves roadway beginning at the north end of Beach Boulevard (north of U.S. 90) and extends to Buccaneer State Park.
Sumrall’s Construction of Gulfport was awarded the other $2.3-million project beginning at Buccaneer State Park and continuing to Lakeshore Road.
The project involves reconstructing the roadway, replacing concrete railing, paving, installing parking bays along the roadway and final roadway striping. Currently work is underway to replace the concrete railing north of U.S. 90 and replacing roadway sections between Washington Street and Acadian Bay Lane. Also, roadway sections are currently being replaced from Buccaneer State Park to Lakeshore Drive.
The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary