MDOT awards Coast road building contract
Published: October 1,2010
WAVELAND and BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is overseeing a project to reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Waveland and Bay St. Louis.
The project has been separated into two contracts. The first $8.3-million project was awarded to Lane Construction Company of Ocean Springs, which involves roadway beginning at the north end of Beach Boulevard (north of U.S. 90) and extends to Buccaneer State Park.
Sumrall’s Construction of Gulfport was awarded the other $2.3-million project beginning at Buccaneer State Park and continuing to Lakeshore Road.
The project involves reconstructing the roadway, replacing concrete railing, paving, installing parking bays along the roadway and final roadway striping. Currently work is underway to replace the concrete railing north of U.S. 90 and replacing roadway sections between Washington Street and Acadian Bay Lane. Also, roadway sections are currently being replaced from Buccaneer State Park to Lakeshore Drive.
The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again