MDOT awards Coast road building contract
Published: October 1,2010
WAVELAND and BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is overseeing a project to reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Waveland and Bay St. Louis.
The project has been separated into two contracts. The first $8.3-million project was awarded to Lane Construction Company of Ocean Springs, which involves roadway beginning at the north end of Beach Boulevard (north of U.S. 90) and extends to Buccaneer State Park.
Sumrall’s Construction of Gulfport was awarded the other $2.3-million project beginning at Buccaneer State Park and continuing to Lakeshore Road.
The project involves reconstructing the roadway, replacing concrete railing, paving, installing parking bays along the roadway and final roadway striping. Currently work is underway to replace the concrete railing north of U.S. 90 and replacing roadway sections between Washington Street and Acadian Bay Lane. Also, roadway sections are currently being replaced from Buccaneer State Park to Lakeshore Drive.
The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62