MDOT awards Coast road building contract
Published: October 1,2010
WAVELAND and BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is overseeing a project to reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Waveland and Bay St. Louis.
The project has been separated into two contracts. The first $8.3-million project was awarded to Lane Construction Company of Ocean Springs, which involves roadway beginning at the north end of Beach Boulevard (north of U.S. 90) and extends to Buccaneer State Park.
Sumrall’s Construction of Gulfport was awarded the other $2.3-million project beginning at Buccaneer State Park and continuing to Lakeshore Road.
The project involves reconstructing the roadway, replacing concrete railing, paving, installing parking bays along the roadway and final roadway striping. Currently work is underway to replace the concrete railing north of U.S. 90 and replacing roadway sections between Washington Street and Acadian Bay Lane. Also, roadway sections are currently being replaced from Buccaneer State Park to Lakeshore Drive.
The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill