MDOT awards Coast road building contract
Published: October 1,2010
WAVELAND and BAY ST. LOUIS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is overseeing a project to reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Waveland and Bay St. Louis.
The project has been separated into two contracts. The first $8.3-million project was awarded to Lane Construction Company of Ocean Springs, which involves roadway beginning at the north end of Beach Boulevard (north of U.S. 90) and extends to Buccaneer State Park.
Sumrall’s Construction of Gulfport was awarded the other $2.3-million project beginning at Buccaneer State Park and continuing to Lakeshore Road.
The project involves reconstructing the roadway, replacing concrete railing, paving, installing parking bays along the roadway and final roadway striping. Currently work is underway to replace the concrete railing north of U.S. 90 and replacing roadway sections between Washington Street and Acadian Bay Lane. Also, roadway sections are currently being replaced from Buccaneer State Park to Lakeshore Drive.
The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study