Corchis promoted to regional president, COO
MGM Resorts International has appointed George P. Corchis Jr. to the newly created position of president and COO of Regional Operations for MGM Resorts International. In his new position, Corchis has assumed responsibility for managing the strategic direction of MGM Grand Detroit while maintaining responsibility for overseeing Beau Rivage in Biloxi and Gold Strike in Tunica. He most recently served as president and COO of the company’s two Mississippi properties.
Corchis originally joined the company in 1993 as part of the finance department of The Mirage Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. He went on to join Binion’s Horseshoe in 1994 where he quickly attained key management positions during a successful 11-year tenure.
Corchis is the only executive to serve in primary leadership positions at each of the three Horseshoe properties outside Nevada. He also served in a dual role for Harrah’s Entertainment Inc. as senior vice president and general manager of the Horseshoe Casino & Hotel and the Sheraton Casino & Hotel, both in Tunica.
Corchis earned a bachelor of commerce degree in honors business administration from the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste