Corchis promoted to regional president, COO
MGM Resorts International has appointed George P. Corchis Jr. to the newly created position of president and COO of Regional Operations for MGM Resorts International. In his new position, Corchis has assumed responsibility for managing the strategic direction of MGM Grand Detroit while maintaining responsibility for overseeing Beau Rivage in Biloxi and Gold Strike in Tunica. He most recently served as president and COO of the company’s two Mississippi properties.
Corchis originally joined the company in 1993 as part of the finance department of The Mirage Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. He went on to join Binion’s Horseshoe in 1994 where he quickly attained key management positions during a successful 11-year tenure.
Corchis is the only executive to serve in primary leadership positions at each of the three Horseshoe properties outside Nevada. He also served in a dual role for Harrah’s Entertainment Inc. as senior vice president and general manager of the Horseshoe Casino & Hotel and the Sheraton Casino & Hotel, both in Tunica.
Corchis earned a bachelor of commerce degree in honors business administration from the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office