Farm Bureau recognizes Childers’ work
Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation announced that Rep. Travis Childers (D-Miss.) has been named a Friend of the Farm Bureau by the American Farm Bureau Federation for his “sustained and exemplary support of farmers” as a member of the 111th Congress.
The annual award recognizes members of Congress who are nominated by their state Farm Bureau organizations for what the Farm Bureau terms “outstanding agricultural leadership and support of Farm Bureau policies.” This is the first time Childers has received this award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training