Farm Bureau recognizes Childers’ work
Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation announced that Rep. Travis Childers (D-Miss.) has been named a Friend of the Farm Bureau by the American Farm Bureau Federation for his “sustained and exemplary support of farmers” as a member of the 111th Congress.
The annual award recognizes members of Congress who are nominated by their state Farm Bureau organizations for what the Farm Bureau terms “outstanding agricultural leadership and support of Farm Bureau policies.” This is the first time Childers has received this award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company