Farm Bureau recognizes Childers’ work
Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation announced that Rep. Travis Childers (D-Miss.) has been named a Friend of the Farm Bureau by the American Farm Bureau Federation for his “sustained and exemplary support of farmers” as a member of the 111th Congress.
The annual award recognizes members of Congress who are nominated by their state Farm Bureau organizations for what the Farm Bureau terms “outstanding agricultural leadership and support of Farm Bureau policies.” This is the first time Childers has received this award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money