Farm Bureau recognizes Childers’ work
Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation announced that Rep. Travis Childers (D-Miss.) has been named a Friend of the Farm Bureau by the American Farm Bureau Federation for his “sustained and exemplary support of farmers” as a member of the 111th Congress.
The annual award recognizes members of Congress who are nominated by their state Farm Bureau organizations for what the Farm Bureau terms “outstanding agricultural leadership and support of Farm Bureau policies.” This is the first time Childers has received this award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015