Farm Bureau recognizes Childers’ work
Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation announced that Rep. Travis Childers (D-Miss.) has been named a Friend of the Farm Bureau by the American Farm Bureau Federation for his “sustained and exemplary support of farmers” as a member of the 111th Congress.
The annual award recognizes members of Congress who are nominated by their state Farm Bureau organizations for what the Farm Bureau terms “outstanding agricultural leadership and support of Farm Bureau policies.” This is the first time Childers has received this award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy