Schools recognized for economic education
Published: October 5,2010
PURVIS — Lamar County School District’s efforts to give students a strong economics background is paying off.
The district has been recognized as a state model for its comprehensive K-12 economics curriculum by the Mississippi Department of Education and the Mississippi Council on Economic Education.
It has received the first Banner School for Financial Readiness Award for teaching economics at every grade level, even to kindergartners.
Superintendent Ben Burnett credited teachers and administrators, past and present, with getting the initiative off the ground and continuing it over the past few years.
The Hattiesburg American reports the Lamar County district began its economics initiative in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years