Scotts bringing operations to Rankin County
Published: October 5,2010
PEARL — Officials from The ScottsMiracle-Gro Company, the lawn and garden products company, have announced the company is locating production operations in Pearl.
The project represents a company investment of approximately $17 million and will create 95 new jobs, once fully operational.
From its new location, the company will produce its consumer lawn and garden brands. Scotts’ operations will be housed in the former Clorox facility.
“The associates working in our new facility will produce some of the most recognizable consumer lawn and garden brands in the world. In addition, locating production closer to where our products are consumed will help us maximize transportation efficiencies for both raw materials and finished product and will let us respond rapidly to customer and consumer needs,” said Scotts senior vice president of global supply chain Dave Swihart. The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked closely with company and local officials to help facilitate the project and provided assistance through the Jobs Tax Credit program along with other tax incentives. Additionally, Rankin County provided the company with tax incentives to assist with the project.
With nearly $3 billion in worldwide sales and more than 8,000 associates, ScottsMiracle-Gro, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, The Scotts Company, LLC, is the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer products for lawn and garden care, with products for professional horticulture, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image