Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs
by Associated Press
Published: October 7,2010
MATHISTON, Miss. (AP) – Sly Inc. officials say the company will expand its Webster County operations and create 33 new jobs.
The company manufactures equipment that controls air pollution in industrial settings.
Sly plans to invest $225,000 to add 3,000 square feet to its facility and remodel parts of the existing 70,000-square-foot plant.
Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said in a news release that the state funded infrastructure and other improvements. The release did not say how much money Mississippi invested.
This is the company’s fourth expansion since it began operations in Webster County in 1961.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout