Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs
MATHISTON, Miss. (AP) – Sly Inc. officials say the company will expand its Webster County operations and create 33 new jobs.
The company manufactures equipment that controls air pollution in industrial settings.
Sly plans to invest $225,000 to add 3,000 square feet to its facility and remodel parts of the existing 70,000-square-foot plant.
Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said in a news release that the state funded infrastructure and other improvements. The release did not say how much money Mississippi invested.
This is the company’s fourth expansion since it began operations in Webster County in 1961.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities