Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs
MATHISTON, Miss. (AP) – Sly Inc. officials say the company will expand its Webster County operations and create 33 new jobs.
The company manufactures equipment that controls air pollution in industrial settings.
Sly plans to invest $225,000 to add 3,000 square feet to its facility and remodel parts of the existing 70,000-square-foot plant.
Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said in a news release that the state funded infrastructure and other improvements. The release did not say how much money Mississippi invested.
This is the company’s fourth expansion since it began operations in Webster County in 1961.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot