Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs
MATHISTON, Miss. (AP) – Sly Inc. officials say the company will expand its Webster County operations and create 33 new jobs.
The company manufactures equipment that controls air pollution in industrial settings.
Sly plans to invest $225,000 to add 3,000 square feet to its facility and remodel parts of the existing 70,000-square-foot plant.
Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said in a news release that the state funded infrastructure and other improvements. The release did not say how much money Mississippi invested.
This is the company’s fourth expansion since it began operations in Webster County in 1961.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building