Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs
by Associated Press
Published: October 7,2010
MATHISTON, Miss. (AP) – Sly Inc. officials say the company will expand its Webster County operations and create 33 new jobs.
The company manufactures equipment that controls air pollution in industrial settings.
Sly plans to invest $225,000 to add 3,000 square feet to its facility and remodel parts of the existing 70,000-square-foot plant.
Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said in a news release that the state funded infrastructure and other improvements. The release did not say how much money Mississippi invested.
This is the company’s fourth expansion since it began operations in Webster County in 1961.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sly Inc. to expand plant, add 33 new jobs”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain