AMR expansion, grocery store set for Jackson Medical Mall
Published: October 11,2010
Source: Jackson Medical Mall Foundation
JACKSON — The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation will hold a groundbreaking Thursday for its American Medical Response (AMR) expansion and new Save-A-Lot Grocery Store.
Combined development costs are estimated at approximately $4.5 million and will create 180 jobs.
Jackson Medical Mall tenant AMR will expand its operation that includes bringing the headquarters to the Medical Mall District. The proposed site is on Melvin Bender.
The Foundation is looking to solve the so-called “food desert” issue for the immediate community by bringing Save-A-Lot on as the newest Mall tenant. The new grocery store will be the only one in a three mile radius, but most importantly it will provide residents with more fresh food options. The proposed Save-A-Lot site is located on the corner of Bailey Avenue and Woodrow Wilson (adjacent to Trustmark Bank).
Traditional bank financing is the major source of funding. However, the Mississippi Development Authority has made GO-ZONE Bonds available for the developments, in which the Foundation is currently pursuing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino