AMR expansion, grocery store set for Jackson Medical Mall
Published: October 11,2010
Source: Jackson Medical Mall Foundation
JACKSON — The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation will hold a groundbreaking Thursday for its American Medical Response (AMR) expansion and new Save-A-Lot Grocery Store.
Combined development costs are estimated at approximately $4.5 million and will create 180 jobs.
Jackson Medical Mall tenant AMR will expand its operation that includes bringing the headquarters to the Medical Mall District. The proposed site is on Melvin Bender.
The Foundation is looking to solve the so-called “food desert” issue for the immediate community by bringing Save-A-Lot on as the newest Mall tenant. The new grocery store will be the only one in a three mile radius, but most importantly it will provide residents with more fresh food options. The proposed Save-A-Lot site is located on the corner of Bailey Avenue and Woodrow Wilson (adjacent to Trustmark Bank).
Traditional bank financing is the major source of funding. However, the Mississippi Development Authority has made GO-ZONE Bonds available for the developments, in which the Foundation is currently pursuing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast