AMR expansion, grocery store set for Jackson Medical Mall
Published: October 11,2010
Source: Jackson Medical Mall Foundation
JACKSON — The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation will hold a groundbreaking Thursday for its American Medical Response (AMR) expansion and new Save-A-Lot Grocery Store.
Combined development costs are estimated at approximately $4.5 million and will create 180 jobs.
Jackson Medical Mall tenant AMR will expand its operation that includes bringing the headquarters to the Medical Mall District. The proposed site is on Melvin Bender.
The Foundation is looking to solve the so-called “food desert” issue for the immediate community by bringing Save-A-Lot on as the newest Mall tenant. The new grocery store will be the only one in a three mile radius, but most importantly it will provide residents with more fresh food options. The proposed Save-A-Lot site is located on the corner of Bailey Avenue and Woodrow Wilson (adjacent to Trustmark Bank).
Traditional bank financing is the major source of funding. However, the Mississippi Development Authority has made GO-ZONE Bonds available for the developments, in which the Foundation is currently pursuing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015