AMR expansion, grocery store set for Jackson Medical Mall
by Amy McCullough
Published: October 11,2010
Source: Jackson Medical Mall Foundation
JACKSON — The Jackson Medical Mall Foundation will hold a groundbreaking Thursday for its American Medical Response (AMR) expansion and new Save-A-Lot Grocery Store.
Combined development costs are estimated at approximately $4.5 million and will create 180 jobs.
Jackson Medical Mall tenant AMR will expand its operation that includes bringing the headquarters to the Medical Mall District. The proposed site is on Melvin Bender.
The Foundation is looking to solve the so-called “food desert” issue for the immediate community by bringing Save-A-Lot on as the newest Mall tenant. The new grocery store will be the only one in a three mile radius, but most importantly it will provide residents with more fresh food options. The proposed Save-A-Lot site is located on the corner of Bailey Avenue and Woodrow Wilson (adjacent to Trustmark Bank).
Traditional bank financing is the major source of funding. However, the Mississippi Development Authority has made GO-ZONE Bonds available for the developments, in which the Foundation is currently pursuing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities