Columbia plant expansion to create 50 new jobs
COLUMBIA, Miss. (AP) – Pioneer Aerospace, a designer and manufacturer of parachutes and other equipment, has announced a plant expansion in Columbia that will create 50 new jobs.
The Mississippi Development Authority says in a news release that the company also is investing $500,000 in new equipment at the Marion County facility.
Officials say the company is expanding to fulfill contracts to manufacture flare parachutes and is also increasing the number of people employed on its existing parachute line to build cargo parachutes. The company currently employs around 320 workers.
MDA Executive Director Gray Swoope says Pioneer has been operating in Columbia since 1933.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early