Keeping our eye on: Shani Murray
Published: October 11,2010
Education: B.S. in business administration (marketing), University of Southern Mississippi
Current Position: Assistant manager, Standard Life Flats & King Edward Apartments
After working for five years as a technician for Singing River Health Systems, Shani Murray started college at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College with an interest in the medical field. Her involvement in the Reflections student recruiting team at MGCCC, caused her to revaluate her future and choose a new career path in business marketing. While at MGCCC she was also student council vice-president, 2004 Homecoming Queen and a member of Who’s Who Among American Junior Colleges.
After earning an associate’s degree in business, Murray transferred to Southern Miss on a leadership scholarship where she was an active member of Delta Delta Delta and worked as a resident assistant for the USM Department of Residence Life. Following college, Murray worked as a leasing consultant with Blue Ridge Property Management in Hattiesburg.
Murray says there is no typical “day at the office” in the property management field. “I absolutely love… being part of the exciting new developments arising in downtown Jackson,” she says. Murray attends Pinelake Church in Brandon and enjoys a good evening run in her spare time.
First job ever: Sonja Foshee Photography
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Hurley, Mississippi
Must-have Mississippi food: Poppy Seed Chicken
Favorite hangout: Anywhere that involves water
Favorite television show: “Everybody Loves Raymond”
Favorite movie: “Mrs. Doubtfire”
Favorite band: Sister Hazel
Last book read: “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan
Best role model: Poppop & Nana
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot