Keeping our eye on: Shani Murray
Published: October 11,2010
Education: B.S. in business administration (marketing), University of Southern Mississippi
Current Position: Assistant manager, Standard Life Flats & King Edward Apartments
After working for five years as a technician for Singing River Health Systems, Shani Murray started college at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College with an interest in the medical field. Her involvement in the Reflections student recruiting team at MGCCC, caused her to revaluate her future and choose a new career path in business marketing. While at MGCCC she was also student council vice-president, 2004 Homecoming Queen and a member of Who’s Who Among American Junior Colleges.
After earning an associate’s degree in business, Murray transferred to Southern Miss on a leadership scholarship where she was an active member of Delta Delta Delta and worked as a resident assistant for the USM Department of Residence Life. Following college, Murray worked as a leasing consultant with Blue Ridge Property Management in Hattiesburg.
Murray says there is no typical “day at the office” in the property management field. “I absolutely love… being part of the exciting new developments arising in downtown Jackson,” she says. Murray attends Pinelake Church in Brandon and enjoys a good evening run in her spare time.
First job ever: Sonja Foshee Photography
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Hurley, Mississippi
Must-have Mississippi food: Poppy Seed Chicken
Favorite hangout: Anywhere that involves water
Favorite television show: “Everybody Loves Raymond”
Favorite movie: “Mrs. Doubtfire”
Favorite band: Sister Hazel
Last book read: “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan
Best role model: Poppop & Nana
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location