Another West Nile virus case identified
LEFLORE COUNTY — Health officials say one new case of West Nile virus has been reported in Mississippi, bringing the state total to six so far this year.
The Mississippi Department of Health said in a news release that the new case occurred in an adult in Leflore County.
So far this year, there have been three positive WNV cases reported in Leflore County, and one each in Coahoma, Calhoun and Scott counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal