Another West Nile virus case identified
LEFLORE COUNTY — Health officials say one new case of West Nile virus has been reported in Mississippi, bringing the state total to six so far this year.
The Mississippi Department of Health said in a news release that the new case occurred in an adult in Leflore County.
So far this year, there have been three positive WNV cases reported in Leflore County, and one each in Coahoma, Calhoun and Scott counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record