Another West Nile virus case identified
LEFLORE COUNTY — Health officials say one new case of West Nile virus has been reported in Mississippi, bringing the state total to six so far this year.
The Mississippi Department of Health said in a news release that the new case occurred in an adult in Leflore County.
So far this year, there have been three positive WNV cases reported in Leflore County, and one each in Coahoma, Calhoun and Scott counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker