SmartSynch, Sprint offering residential service
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. and Sprint have introduced a residential utility meter that communicates over the Nationwide Sprint Network. This smart grid solution allows utilities to automate the electric grid through Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), demand response and SmartSynch’s network management.
“With more than 10 years of experience developing communications products in the machine-to-machine market, Sprint is dedicated to cooperative efforts with companies like SmartSynch to bring the best technology solutions to work in the smart grid,” said Wayne Ward, vice president of the Emerging Solutions Group, Sprint.
The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches more than 306 million people in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
SmartSynch has been the leading provider of smart grid solutions utilizing cellular networks since the introduction of its first SmartMeter in 2000.
“Sprint is an industry leader in its support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost-competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, chief executive officer, SmartSynch.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- ‘No’ means being able to commit to ‘Yes’