SmartSynch, Sprint offering residential service
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. and Sprint have introduced a residential utility meter that communicates over the Nationwide Sprint Network. This smart grid solution allows utilities to automate the electric grid through Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), demand response and SmartSynch’s network management.
“With more than 10 years of experience developing communications products in the machine-to-machine market, Sprint is dedicated to cooperative efforts with companies like SmartSynch to bring the best technology solutions to work in the smart grid,” said Wayne Ward, vice president of the Emerging Solutions Group, Sprint.
The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches more than 306 million people in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
SmartSynch has been the leading provider of smart grid solutions utilizing cellular networks since the introduction of its first SmartMeter in 2000.
“Sprint is an industry leader in its support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost-competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, chief executive officer, SmartSynch.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip