SmartSynch, Sprint offering residential service
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. and Sprint have introduced a residential utility meter that communicates over the Nationwide Sprint Network. This smart grid solution allows utilities to automate the electric grid through Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), demand response and SmartSynch’s network management.
“With more than 10 years of experience developing communications products in the machine-to-machine market, Sprint is dedicated to cooperative efforts with companies like SmartSynch to bring the best technology solutions to work in the smart grid,” said Wayne Ward, vice president of the Emerging Solutions Group, Sprint.
The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches more than 306 million people in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
SmartSynch has been the leading provider of smart grid solutions utilizing cellular networks since the introduction of its first SmartMeter in 2000.
“Sprint is an industry leader in its support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost-competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, chief executive officer, SmartSynch.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015