SmartSynch, Sprint offering residential service
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. and Sprint have introduced a residential utility meter that communicates over the Nationwide Sprint Network. This smart grid solution allows utilities to automate the electric grid through Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), demand response and SmartSynch’s network management.
“With more than 10 years of experience developing communications products in the machine-to-machine market, Sprint is dedicated to cooperative efforts with companies like SmartSynch to bring the best technology solutions to work in the smart grid,” said Wayne Ward, vice president of the Emerging Solutions Group, Sprint.
The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches more than 306 million people in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
SmartSynch has been the leading provider of smart grid solutions utilizing cellular networks since the introduction of its first SmartMeter in 2000.
“Sprint is an industry leader in its support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost-competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, chief executive officer, SmartSynch.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation