SmartSynch, Sprint offering residential service
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. and Sprint have introduced a residential utility meter that communicates over the Nationwide Sprint Network. This smart grid solution allows utilities to automate the electric grid through Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), demand response and SmartSynch’s network management.
“With more than 10 years of experience developing communications products in the machine-to-machine market, Sprint is dedicated to cooperative efforts with companies like SmartSynch to bring the best technology solutions to work in the smart grid,” said Wayne Ward, vice president of the Emerging Solutions Group, Sprint.
The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches more than 306 million people in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
SmartSynch has been the leading provider of smart grid solutions utilizing cellular networks since the introduction of its first SmartMeter in 2000.
“Sprint is an industry leader in its support of M2M applications, and this joint solution could not come at a better time for utilities seeking a cost-competitive, secure and high-bandwidth alternative to more complex, slower proprietary solutions,” said Stephen Johnston, chief executive officer, SmartSynch.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability