Workplace accident claims employee’s life
CLEVELAND — Bolivar County sheriff’s deputies say a crane operator at Quality Steel Corporation in Cleveland died in a workplace accident.
Investigator Dasel Moorhead tells The Bolivar Commercial that Robert Mason was driving a crane when the weight shifted causing the crane to turn over.
Moorhead said Mason was ejected and crushed when the crane rolled over him.
He said the accident remains under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow