Workplace accident claims employee’s life
CLEVELAND — Bolivar County sheriff’s deputies say a crane operator at Quality Steel Corporation in Cleveland died in a workplace accident.
Investigator Dasel Moorhead tells The Bolivar Commercial that Robert Mason was driving a crane when the weight shifted causing the crane to turn over.
Moorhead said Mason was ejected and crushed when the crane rolled over him.
He said the accident remains under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody