Workplace accident claims employee’s life
CLEVELAND — Bolivar County sheriff’s deputies say a crane operator at Quality Steel Corporation in Cleveland died in a workplace accident.
Investigator Dasel Moorhead tells The Bolivar Commercial that Robert Mason was driving a crane when the weight shifted causing the crane to turn over.
Moorhead said Mason was ejected and crushed when the crane rolled over him.
He said the accident remains under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity