Workplace accident claims employee’s life
CLEVELAND — Bolivar County sheriff’s deputies say a crane operator at Quality Steel Corporation in Cleveland died in a workplace accident.
Investigator Dasel Moorhead tells The Bolivar Commercial that Robert Mason was driving a crane when the weight shifted causing the crane to turn over.
Moorhead said Mason was ejected and crushed when the crane rolled over him.
He said the accident remains under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Community Bank names new officers
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County