Workplace accident claims employee’s life
CLEVELAND — Bolivar County sheriff’s deputies say a crane operator at Quality Steel Corporation in Cleveland died in a workplace accident.
Investigator Dasel Moorhead tells The Bolivar Commercial that Robert Mason was driving a crane when the weight shifted causing the crane to turn over.
Moorhead said Mason was ejected and crushed when the crane rolled over him.
He said the accident remains under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet