Biomass company buys Wiggins pellet plant
Source: Hellerman Baretz Communications LLC press release
Richmond, VA — Enviva LP, a leading manufacturer of processed biomass fuel in the United States and Europe, announced today that it has acquired a controlling interest in Tomorrow’s Energy, LLC and its Piney Woods pellet manufacturing facility in Wiggins, Mississippi.
Under Enviva’s ownership, Piney Woods will be renamed Enviva PelletsTM Wiggins and will increase annual production from 50,000 tons of wood pellets to 150,000 tons.
Piney Woods Pellets is an alternative-fuel company founded in 2008 by third-generation timber owners Osmond and Deborah Crosby.
Enviva anticipates creating 22 new jobs at the facility and providing jobs for an additional 30 employees throughout its logging and forestry supply chain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring