Biomass company buys Wiggins pellet plant
Source: Hellerman Baretz Communications LLC press release
Richmond, VA — Enviva LP, a leading manufacturer of processed biomass fuel in the United States and Europe, announced today that it has acquired a controlling interest in Tomorrow’s Energy, LLC and its Piney Woods pellet manufacturing facility in Wiggins, Mississippi.
Under Enviva’s ownership, Piney Woods will be renamed Enviva PelletsTM Wiggins and will increase annual production from 50,000 tons of wood pellets to 150,000 tons.
Piney Woods Pellets is an alternative-fuel company founded in 2008 by third-generation timber owners Osmond and Deborah Crosby.
Enviva anticipates creating 22 new jobs at the facility and providing jobs for an additional 30 employees throughout its logging and forestry supply chain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility