Biomass company buys Wiggins pellet plant
Source: Hellerman Baretz Communications LLC press release
Richmond, VA — Enviva LP, a leading manufacturer of processed biomass fuel in the United States and Europe, announced today that it has acquired a controlling interest in Tomorrow’s Energy, LLC and its Piney Woods pellet manufacturing facility in Wiggins, Mississippi.
Under Enviva’s ownership, Piney Woods will be renamed Enviva PelletsTM Wiggins and will increase annual production from 50,000 tons of wood pellets to 150,000 tons.
Piney Woods Pellets is an alternative-fuel company founded in 2008 by third-generation timber owners Osmond and Deborah Crosby.
Enviva anticipates creating 22 new jobs at the facility and providing jobs for an additional 30 employees throughout its logging and forestry supply chain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound