Biomass company buys Wiggins pellet plant
Source: Hellerman Baretz Communications LLC press release
Richmond, VA — Enviva LP, a leading manufacturer of processed biomass fuel in the United States and Europe, announced today that it has acquired a controlling interest in Tomorrow’s Energy, LLC and its Piney Woods pellet manufacturing facility in Wiggins, Mississippi.
Under Enviva’s ownership, Piney Woods will be renamed Enviva PelletsTM Wiggins and will increase annual production from 50,000 tons of wood pellets to 150,000 tons.
Piney Woods Pellets is an alternative-fuel company founded in 2008 by third-generation timber owners Osmond and Deborah Crosby.
Enviva anticipates creating 22 new jobs at the facility and providing jobs for an additional 30 employees throughout its logging and forestry supply chain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics