Comstock selling MS oil properties for $75 mil
JACKSON – Comstock Resources Inc. says it has agreed to sell it oil and natural gas properties in Mississippi to a privately held company for $75 million.
The buyer’s identity was not revealed Tuesday by Frisco, Texas-based Comstock.
Comstock says the sale is expected to be final by the end of 2011.
The company says the deal will allow it to concentrate resources on personnel on the Haynesville-Bossier shale in northwestern Louisiana and the Eagle Ford shale in southern Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location