Comstock selling MS oil properties for $75 mil
JACKSON – Comstock Resources Inc. says it has agreed to sell it oil and natural gas properties in Mississippi to a privately held company for $75 million.
The buyer’s identity was not revealed Tuesday by Frisco, Texas-based Comstock.
Comstock says the sale is expected to be final by the end of 2011.
The company says the deal will allow it to concentrate resources on personnel on the Haynesville-Bossier shale in northwestern Louisiana and the Eagle Ford shale in southern Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MBJ BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR — Forward thinking: C Spire's Hu Meena has made the most of 2013
- Alcorn president resigns as investigation continues
- Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
- C Spire ‘all in it’ as digital technology accelerates, expands into nearly all our lives
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- C Spire to acquire communications provider
- Camellia Home Health and Hospice launches a new fleet of vehicles
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Waller wants statewide county court system
- Mike Pope named Clinton's Administrator of the Year