Comstock selling MS oil properties for $75 mil
JACKSON – Comstock Resources Inc. says it has agreed to sell it oil and natural gas properties in Mississippi to a privately held company for $75 million.
The buyer’s identity was not revealed Tuesday by Frisco, Texas-based Comstock.
Comstock says the sale is expected to be final by the end of 2011.
The company says the deal will allow it to concentrate resources on personnel on the Haynesville-Bossier shale in northwestern Louisiana and the Eagle Ford shale in southern Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma