Comstock selling MS oil properties for $75 mil
JACKSON – Comstock Resources Inc. says it has agreed to sell it oil and natural gas properties in Mississippi to a privately held company for $75 million.
The buyer’s identity was not revealed Tuesday by Frisco, Texas-based Comstock.
Comstock says the sale is expected to be final by the end of 2011.
The company says the deal will allow it to concentrate resources on personnel on the Haynesville-Bossier shale in northwestern Louisiana and the Eagle Ford shale in southern Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life