Comstock selling MS oil properties for $75 mil
JACKSON – Comstock Resources Inc. says it has agreed to sell it oil and natural gas properties in Mississippi to a privately held company for $75 million.
The buyer’s identity was not revealed Tuesday by Frisco, Texas-based Comstock.
Comstock says the sale is expected to be final by the end of 2011.
The company says the deal will allow it to concentrate resources on personnel on the Haynesville-Bossier shale in northwestern Louisiana and the Eagle Ford shale in southern Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind