$223,000 allotted for Ship Island ferry terminal
Source: Office of Thad Cochran press release
Federal Highway Administration Awards Funds to Terminal Upgrades
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Federal Highway Administration has approved a $223,020 grant to support improvements to the Ship Island ferry boat terminal at Gulfport, U.S. Senator Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) today announced.
The FHWA funding was awarded to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) to support construction upgrades needed to meet hurricane requirements. The grant funding was awarded from discretionary funding approved by Congress in the FY2010 appropriations bill for the Ferry Boat Discretionary Program.
An updated MDOT Statewide Transportation Improvement Program/FY2010-2013 report includes a Ship Island Terminal project presented by the Mississippi Gulf Coast Metropolitan Planning Organization that calls for $1.49 million for ferry boats and terminal upgrades. Federal and non-federal funding would be required for the project.
Congress provided $67.0 million for the Ferry Boat Discretionary Program in FY2010, an estimated $40 million of which was available for competitive grants to states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option