Cal-Maine Foods Names New CEO
Published: October 15,2010
Source: Business Wire
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ/NM:CALM) announced Friday (Oct. 15) the election of Adolphus “Dolph” B. Baker as President and Chief Executive Officer at the Company’s Board of Director’s meeting held today. Baker will succeed Fred Adams, Jr., as Chief Executive Officer. Adams will continue in his current position as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Baker was elected President and Chief Operating Officer of Cal-Maine in January 1997. Prior to this, he served as Vice President and Director of Marketing. Baker joined the Company in 1986 and was elected a director in 1991. Baker is a past chairman of American Egg Board, United Egg Producers, and Egg Clearinghouse, Inc. and is currently a director of Mississippi Poultry Association, United Egg Producers, Eggland’s Best, Inc., Trustmark National Bank and Trustmark Corporation. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University with a degree in Business Administration.
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs. The Company, which is headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi, currently is the largest producer and distributor of fresh shell eggs in the United States and sells the majority of its shell eggs in approximately 29 states across the southwestern, southeastern, mid-western and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love