Ohio firm plans to buy Northrop Grumman shipyards
Published: October 15,2010
PASCAGOULA – A potential buyer of Northrop Grumman Ship Systems has written governors in three states saying it plans to quickly finalize contract negotiations to preserve an estimated $5 billion in work for the Navy and Coast Guard.
The Mississippi Press reports Cleveland Shipbuilding Group, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, sent the letters to Govs. Haley Barbour of Mississippi, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana and Robert McDonnell of Virginia. The company also posted a news release on its web site,
Barbour’s office told the newspaper that Cleveland officials met with the Mississippi Development Authority on Tuesday.
Northrop officials have declined comment on the potential sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company