Ohio firm plans to buy Northrop Grumman shipyards
by Associated Press
Published: October 15,2010
PASCAGOULA – A potential buyer of Northrop Grumman Ship Systems has written governors in three states saying it plans to quickly finalize contract negotiations to preserve an estimated $5 billion in work for the Navy and Coast Guard.
The Mississippi Press reports Cleveland Shipbuilding Group, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, sent the letters to Govs. Haley Barbour of Mississippi, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana and Robert McDonnell of Virginia. The company also posted a news release on its web site,
Barbour’s office told the newspaper that Cleveland officials met with the Mississippi Development Authority on Tuesday.
Northrop officials have declined comment on the potential sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions