Ohio firm plans to buy Northrop Grumman shipyards
by Associated Press
Published: October 15,2010
PASCAGOULA – A potential buyer of Northrop Grumman Ship Systems has written governors in three states saying it plans to quickly finalize contract negotiations to preserve an estimated $5 billion in work for the Navy and Coast Guard.
The Mississippi Press reports Cleveland Shipbuilding Group, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, sent the letters to Govs. Haley Barbour of Mississippi, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana and Robert McDonnell of Virginia. The company also posted a news release on its web site,
Barbour’s office told the newspaper that Cleveland officials met with the Mississippi Development Authority on Tuesday.
Northrop officials have declined comment on the potential sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years