Ohio firm plans to buy Northrop Grumman shipyards
Published: October 15,2010
PASCAGOULA – A potential buyer of Northrop Grumman Ship Systems has written governors in three states saying it plans to quickly finalize contract negotiations to preserve an estimated $5 billion in work for the Navy and Coast Guard.
The Mississippi Press reports Cleveland Shipbuilding Group, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, sent the letters to Govs. Haley Barbour of Mississippi, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana and Robert McDonnell of Virginia. The company also posted a news release on its web site,
Barbour’s office told the newspaper that Cleveland officials met with the Mississippi Development Authority on Tuesday.
Northrop officials have declined comment on the potential sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge