Ohio firm plans to buy Northrop Grumman shipyards
Published: October 15,2010
PASCAGOULA – A potential buyer of Northrop Grumman Ship Systems has written governors in three states saying it plans to quickly finalize contract negotiations to preserve an estimated $5 billion in work for the Navy and Coast Guard.
The Mississippi Press reports Cleveland Shipbuilding Group, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, sent the letters to Govs. Haley Barbour of Mississippi, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana and Robert McDonnell of Virginia. The company also posted a news release on its web site,
Barbour’s office told the newspaper that Cleveland officials met with the Mississippi Development Authority on Tuesday.
Northrop officials have declined comment on the potential sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes