ERDC staff members earn honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 17,2010
Stephen Spangler, a mechanical engineer for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s) Information Technology Laboratory CAD/BIM Technology Center, located in Vicksburg has achieved Toastmasters International’s highest honor, the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM).
In addition to this honor, Spangler also recently earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional designation with a specialization in building design and construction. In order to obtain the accreditation, individuals must pass two exams on detailed information and required skills regarding green building practices and sustainable design.
In a separate item, a team of researchers from the ERDC was recently announced as a winner of the 48th Annual R&D 100 Award for “Corrosion-Resistant Vitreous Enamel Coating for Bonding Concrete to Steel,” also known as COR-PROTEXT.
The award, given by R&D Magazine to the 100 most technologically significant products introduced into the marketplace during the past year, is open to industry, academia, and government.
The ERDC team, made up of Dr. Phil Malone and Dr. Chuck Weiss, both from the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory in Vicksburg, and Sean Morefield and Vince Hock, both from the Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) in Champaign. Ill., along with Michael Koenigstein, a collaborator from Pro Perma Engineered Coatings, LLC, was honored for its revolutionary coating for rebar, a product that significantly extends the life of structural steel-reinforced concrete structures and increases bond strength.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training