ERDC staff members earn honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 17,2010
Stephen Spangler, a mechanical engineer for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s) Information Technology Laboratory CAD/BIM Technology Center, located in Vicksburg has achieved Toastmasters International’s highest honor, the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM).
In addition to this honor, Spangler also recently earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional designation with a specialization in building design and construction. In order to obtain the accreditation, individuals must pass two exams on detailed information and required skills regarding green building practices and sustainable design.
In a separate item, a team of researchers from the ERDC was recently announced as a winner of the 48th Annual R&D 100 Award for “Corrosion-Resistant Vitreous Enamel Coating for Bonding Concrete to Steel,” also known as COR-PROTEXT.
The award, given by R&D Magazine to the 100 most technologically significant products introduced into the marketplace during the past year, is open to industry, academia, and government.
The ERDC team, made up of Dr. Phil Malone and Dr. Chuck Weiss, both from the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory in Vicksburg, and Sean Morefield and Vince Hock, both from the Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) in Champaign. Ill., along with Michael Koenigstein, a collaborator from Pro Perma Engineered Coatings, LLC, was honored for its revolutionary coating for rebar, a product that significantly extends the life of structural steel-reinforced concrete structures and increases bond strength.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline