ERDC staff members earn honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 17,2010
Stephen Spangler, a mechanical engineer for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s) Information Technology Laboratory CAD/BIM Technology Center, located in Vicksburg has achieved Toastmasters International’s highest honor, the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM).
In addition to this honor, Spangler also recently earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional designation with a specialization in building design and construction. In order to obtain the accreditation, individuals must pass two exams on detailed information and required skills regarding green building practices and sustainable design.
In a separate item, a team of researchers from the ERDC was recently announced as a winner of the 48th Annual R&D 100 Award for “Corrosion-Resistant Vitreous Enamel Coating for Bonding Concrete to Steel,” also known as COR-PROTEXT.
The award, given by R&D Magazine to the 100 most technologically significant products introduced into the marketplace during the past year, is open to industry, academia, and government.
The ERDC team, made up of Dr. Phil Malone and Dr. Chuck Weiss, both from the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory in Vicksburg, and Sean Morefield and Vince Hock, both from the Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) in Champaign. Ill., along with Michael Koenigstein, a collaborator from Pro Perma Engineered Coatings, LLC, was honored for its revolutionary coating for rebar, a product that significantly extends the life of structural steel-reinforced concrete structures and increases bond strength.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option