Firm welcomes Allen to group
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 17,2010
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, announced that Sidney P. Allen Jr. has joined the firm as the newest member of its Government Relations Group. Allen will serve as a government relations director.
Allen’s focus includes corporate and association representation, lobbying and government relations, public policy and strategy and federal, state and local government matters.
Formerly, Allen served as director of state government affairs at Comcast Cable Communications, during which time he served as vice president of the Mississippi Cable and Telecommunications Association, president of Mississippi CablePAC and on the board of directors of the Louisiana Cable and Telecommunications Association. He also served as state caucus manager for the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) and as government affairs assistant for Jeffrey J. Kimbell and Associates in Washington, D.C.
Allen was recently named to Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, and is a member of the Leadership Mississippi Class of 2010.
Allen received a bachelor of business administration degree in banking and finance from the University of Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments