Firm welcomes Allen to group
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 17,2010
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, announced that Sidney P. Allen Jr. has joined the firm as the newest member of its Government Relations Group. Allen will serve as a government relations director.
Allen’s focus includes corporate and association representation, lobbying and government relations, public policy and strategy and federal, state and local government matters.
Formerly, Allen served as director of state government affairs at Comcast Cable Communications, during which time he served as vice president of the Mississippi Cable and Telecommunications Association, president of Mississippi CablePAC and on the board of directors of the Louisiana Cable and Telecommunications Association. He also served as state caucus manager for the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) and as government affairs assistant for Jeffrey J. Kimbell and Associates in Washington, D.C.
Allen was recently named to Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, and is a member of the Leadership Mississippi Class of 2010.
Allen received a bachelor of business administration degree in banking and finance from the University of Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials