Firm welcomes Allen to group
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 17,2010
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, announced that Sidney P. Allen Jr. has joined the firm as the newest member of its Government Relations Group. Allen will serve as a government relations director.
Allen’s focus includes corporate and association representation, lobbying and government relations, public policy and strategy and federal, state and local government matters.
Formerly, Allen served as director of state government affairs at Comcast Cable Communications, during which time he served as vice president of the Mississippi Cable and Telecommunications Association, president of Mississippi CablePAC and on the board of directors of the Louisiana Cable and Telecommunications Association. He also served as state caucus manager for the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) and as government affairs assistant for Jeffrey J. Kimbell and Associates in Washington, D.C.
Allen was recently named to Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, and is a member of the Leadership Mississippi Class of 2010.
Allen received a bachelor of business administration degree in banking and finance from the University of Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi