Firm welcomes Allen to group
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 17,2010
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, announced that Sidney P. Allen Jr. has joined the firm as the newest member of its Government Relations Group. Allen will serve as a government relations director.
Allen’s focus includes corporate and association representation, lobbying and government relations, public policy and strategy and federal, state and local government matters.
Formerly, Allen served as director of state government affairs at Comcast Cable Communications, during which time he served as vice president of the Mississippi Cable and Telecommunications Association, president of Mississippi CablePAC and on the board of directors of the Louisiana Cable and Telecommunications Association. He also served as state caucus manager for the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) and as government affairs assistant for Jeffrey J. Kimbell and Associates in Washington, D.C.
Allen was recently named to Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, and is a member of the Leadership Mississippi Class of 2010.
Allen received a bachelor of business administration degree in banking and finance from the University of Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip