Harrah’s names new vice presidents
by For the MBJ
Published: October 17,2010
Harrah’s Mid-South Region recently named three new vice presidents for its Tunica operations. Melonie Johnson was recently named vice president of operations for Tunica Roadhouse Casino and Hotel. Johnson previously held the position of vice president of finance for Harrah’s Tunica. Johnson was recently named a Great Woman of Gaming Rising Star by Casino Enterprise Management and a Woman of Excellence by Memphis-based newspaper the Tri-State Defender. Having worked for Harrah’s early in her career Johnson returned to work with Harrah’s in Tunica in 2006.
Rick Skinner was recently named regional vice president of finance for Harrah’s Mid-South Region. Skinner was previously vice president of finance for Harrah’s North Kansas City where among other accomplishments he was instrumental in growing EBITA during a period of flat to declining revenues. Skinner has held numerous positions of increased oversight since joining Harrah’s in 1998.
Matt Bowers was recently named regional vice president of marketing for Harrah’s Mid-South Region. Bowers was previously vice president of Total Rewards, promotions, OCRM and marketing training for Harrah’s Entertainment in Las Vegas. Among his notable achievements are the development and management of the revolutionary Total Rewards Non-Gaming capability that allows tracking and rewards for all cash purchases across Harrah’s Total Rewards locations, and creation and execution of loyalty and promotional partnerships with leading companies such as: Pepsi, MGM Studios, MillerCoors, Starwood Hotels, AMEX, American Airlines and MTV. Bowers has held numerous positions of increased oversight since joining Harrah’s in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Coast has wave of worries as federally subsidized flood insurance nears end