Peavey Electronics to expand operations
by Associated Press
Published: October 17,2010
MERIDIAN — Peavey Electronics is planning to expand its Meridian operations to accommodate a new line of guitars.
Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO, said the expansion is needed after the purchase of the hard assets and intellectual property of Composite Acoustics.
Peavey said there will initially be about 15 new jobs, but that could grow to 75 or more.
Peavey tells WTOK TV that there’s little competition for this type of instrument and he expects a lot of demand because of its unique characteristics. The guitars will be made out of graphite fiber.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities