Peavey Electronics to expand operations
Published: October 17,2010
MERIDIAN — Peavey Electronics is planning to expand its Meridian operations to accommodate a new line of guitars.
Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO, said the expansion is needed after the purchase of the hard assets and intellectual property of Composite Acoustics.
Peavey said there will initially be about 15 new jobs, but that could grow to 75 or more.
Peavey tells WTOK TV that there’s little competition for this type of instrument and he expects a lot of demand because of its unique characteristics. The guitars will be made out of graphite fiber.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force