Peavey Electronics to expand operations
Published: October 17,2010
MERIDIAN — Peavey Electronics is planning to expand its Meridian operations to accommodate a new line of guitars.
Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO, said the expansion is needed after the purchase of the hard assets and intellectual property of Composite Acoustics.
Peavey said there will initially be about 15 new jobs, but that could grow to 75 or more.
Peavey tells WTOK TV that there’s little competition for this type of instrument and he expects a lot of demand because of its unique characteristics. The guitars will be made out of graphite fiber.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money