Peavey Electronics to expand operations
Published: October 17,2010
MERIDIAN — Peavey Electronics is planning to expand its Meridian operations to accommodate a new line of guitars.
Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO, said the expansion is needed after the purchase of the hard assets and intellectual property of Composite Acoustics.
Peavey said there will initially be about 15 new jobs, but that could grow to 75 or more.
Peavey tells WTOK TV that there’s little competition for this type of instrument and he expects a lot of demand because of its unique characteristics. The guitars will be made out of graphite fiber.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building