Peavey Electronics to expand operations
Published: October 17,2010
MERIDIAN — Peavey Electronics is planning to expand its Meridian operations to accommodate a new line of guitars.
Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO, said the expansion is needed after the purchase of the hard assets and intellectual property of Composite Acoustics.
Peavey said there will initially be about 15 new jobs, but that could grow to 75 or more.
Peavey tells WTOK TV that there’s little competition for this type of instrument and he expects a lot of demand because of its unique characteristics. The guitars will be made out of graphite fiber.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste