Facebook in privacy breach
NATIONWIDE — The use of Facebook and other social media platforms have become essential marketing tools for businesses. But Facebook users should be aware that some games and “apps” on the site may be transmitting personal information to marketing companies.
The Wall Street Journal reports that some apps have basically been providing access to people’s names and, in some cases, their friends’ names-to dozens of advertising and Internet tracking companies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Facebook in privacy breach”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot