Facebook in privacy breach
NATIONWIDE — The use of Facebook and other social media platforms have become essential marketing tools for businesses. But Facebook users should be aware that some games and “apps” on the site may be transmitting personal information to marketing companies.
The Wall Street Journal reports that some apps have basically been providing access to people’s names and, in some cases, their friends’ names-to dozens of advertising and Internet tracking companies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Facebook in privacy breach”
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports