Facebook in privacy breach
NATIONWIDE — The use of Facebook and other social media platforms have become essential marketing tools for businesses. But Facebook users should be aware that some games and “apps” on the site may be transmitting personal information to marketing companies.
The Wall Street Journal reports that some apps have basically been providing access to people’s names and, in some cases, their friends’ names-to dozens of advertising and Internet tracking companies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Facebook in privacy breach”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case