Facebook in privacy breach
NATIONWIDE — The use of Facebook and other social media platforms have become essential marketing tools for businesses. But Facebook users should be aware that some games and “apps” on the site may be transmitting personal information to marketing companies.
The Wall Street Journal reports that some apps have basically been providing access to people’s names and, in some cases, their friends’ names-to dozens of advertising and Internet tracking companies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Facebook in privacy breach”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force