Facebook in privacy breach
NATIONWIDE — The use of Facebook and other social media platforms have become essential marketing tools for businesses. But Facebook users should be aware that some games and “apps” on the site may be transmitting personal information to marketing companies.
The Wall Street Journal reports that some apps have basically been providing access to people’s names and, in some cases, their friends’ names-to dozens of advertising and Internet tracking companies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Facebook in privacy breach”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators