2010 Miss. state fair sets record
JACKSON — The 2010 Mississippi State Fair set an attendance record of 673,098, about 10,000 more than the former record set in 2005.
The fair ended Sunday.
Fair director Billy Orr tells The Clarion-Ledger that while numbers aren’t final, ticket sales netted around $3 million.
Orr says good weather contributed to the attendance.
Rain slowed attendance at last year’s fair and organizers extended the event an extra day in an effort to boost business.
The previous record for total attendance was 663,816 in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday