2010 Miss. state fair sets record
JACKSON — The 2010 Mississippi State Fair set an attendance record of 673,098, about 10,000 more than the former record set in 2005.
The fair ended Sunday.
Fair director Billy Orr tells The Clarion-Ledger that while numbers aren’t final, ticket sales netted around $3 million.
Orr says good weather contributed to the attendance.
Rain slowed attendance at last year’s fair and organizers extended the event an extra day in an effort to boost business.
The previous record for total attendance was 663,816 in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency