2010 Miss. state fair sets record
JACKSON — The 2010 Mississippi State Fair set an attendance record of 673,098, about 10,000 more than the former record set in 2005.
The fair ended Sunday.
Fair director Billy Orr tells The Clarion-Ledger that while numbers aren’t final, ticket sales netted around $3 million.
Orr says good weather contributed to the attendance.
Rain slowed attendance at last year’s fair and organizers extended the event an extra day in an effort to boost business.
The previous record for total attendance was 663,816 in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk