2010 Miss. state fair sets record
JACKSON — The 2010 Mississippi State Fair set an attendance record of 673,098, about 10,000 more than the former record set in 2005.
The fair ended Sunday.
Fair director Billy Orr tells The Clarion-Ledger that while numbers aren’t final, ticket sales netted around $3 million.
Orr says good weather contributed to the attendance.
Rain slowed attendance at last year’s fair and organizers extended the event an extra day in an effort to boost business.
The previous record for total attendance was 663,816 in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams