By the numbers: MS congressional races
Published: October 19,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Here’s a glance at Mississippi congressional campaign finance reports for money raised and spent through Sept. 30, according to the Federal Election Commission website Monday. Candidates’ reporting deadline was this past Friday.
The most dramatic gap is the in the 2nd district, where Bennie Thompson has more than $2 million in cash on hand, while his opponent Bill Marcy has more than $13,000.
Travis Childers, Democratic incumbent: Raised $1,627,620. Spent $1,162,111. Cash on hand $494,848. Debt $100,000.
Alan Nunnelee, Republican: Raised $1,401,910. Spent $1,078,921. Cash on hand $322,989. No debt.
A.G. Baddley, independent. No report available.
Rick “Rico” Hoskins, independent. No report available.
Gail Giaramita, Constitution Party. Raised $11,330. Spent $10,574. Cash on hand $755. No debt.
Lester Green, independent. Raised $36,886. Spent $35,187. Cash on hand $1,699. Debt $5,000.
Wally Pang, independent. No report available.
Harold Taylor, Libertarian. No report available.
Barbara Dale Washer, Reform Party. No report available.
Bennie Thompson, Democratic incumbent. Raised $1,577,142. Spent $790,278. Cash on hand $2,002,600. No debt.
Bill Marcy, Republican: Raised $39,466. Spent $25,611. Cash on hand $13,855. No debt.
Ashley Norwood, Reform Party: No report available.
Gregg Harper, Republican incumbent: Raised $624,130. Spent $465,084. Cash on hand 176,322. No debt.
Joel Gill, Democrat: No current report on FEC website, but Gill tells The Associated Press he has raised about $4,700.
Tracella Lou O’Hara Hill, Reform Party: No report available.
Gene Taylor, Democratic incumbent: Raised $615,605. Spent $504,014. Cash on hand $331,072. No debt.
Steven Palazzo, Republican: Raised $534,844. Spent $331,262. Cash on hand $203,582. Debt $32,000.
Kenneth “Tim” Hampton, Libertarian: No report available.
Anna Jewel Revies, Reform Party: No report available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge