By the numbers: MS congressional races
by Associated Press
Published: October 19,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Here’s a glance at Mississippi congressional campaign finance reports for money raised and spent through Sept. 30, according to the Federal Election Commission website Monday. Candidates’ reporting deadline was this past Friday.
The most dramatic gap is the in the 2nd district, where Bennie Thompson has more than $2 million in cash on hand, while his opponent Bill Marcy has more than $13,000.
Travis Childers, Democratic incumbent: Raised $1,627,620. Spent $1,162,111. Cash on hand $494,848. Debt $100,000.
Alan Nunnelee, Republican: Raised $1,401,910. Spent $1,078,921. Cash on hand $322,989. No debt.
A.G. Baddley, independent. No report available.
Rick “Rico” Hoskins, independent. No report available.
Gail Giaramita, Constitution Party. Raised $11,330. Spent $10,574. Cash on hand $755. No debt.
Lester Green, independent. Raised $36,886. Spent $35,187. Cash on hand $1,699. Debt $5,000.
Wally Pang, independent. No report available.
Harold Taylor, Libertarian. No report available.
Barbara Dale Washer, Reform Party. No report available.
Bennie Thompson, Democratic incumbent. Raised $1,577,142. Spent $790,278. Cash on hand $2,002,600. No debt.
Bill Marcy, Republican: Raised $39,466. Spent $25,611. Cash on hand $13,855. No debt.
Ashley Norwood, Reform Party: No report available.
Gregg Harper, Republican incumbent: Raised $624,130. Spent $465,084. Cash on hand 176,322. No debt.
Joel Gill, Democrat: No current report on FEC website, but Gill tells The Associated Press he has raised about $4,700.
Tracella Lou O’Hara Hill, Reform Party: No report available.
Gene Taylor, Democratic incumbent: Raised $615,605. Spent $504,014. Cash on hand $331,072. No debt.
Steven Palazzo, Republican: Raised $534,844. Spent $331,262. Cash on hand $203,582. Debt $32,000.
Kenneth “Tim” Hampton, Libertarian: No report available.
Anna Jewel Revies, Reform Party: No report available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability