By the numbers: MS congressional races
Published: October 19,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Here’s a glance at Mississippi congressional campaign finance reports for money raised and spent through Sept. 30, according to the Federal Election Commission website Monday. Candidates’ reporting deadline was this past Friday.
The most dramatic gap is the in the 2nd district, where Bennie Thompson has more than $2 million in cash on hand, while his opponent Bill Marcy has more than $13,000.
Travis Childers, Democratic incumbent: Raised $1,627,620. Spent $1,162,111. Cash on hand $494,848. Debt $100,000.
Alan Nunnelee, Republican: Raised $1,401,910. Spent $1,078,921. Cash on hand $322,989. No debt.
A.G. Baddley, independent. No report available.
Rick “Rico” Hoskins, independent. No report available.
Gail Giaramita, Constitution Party. Raised $11,330. Spent $10,574. Cash on hand $755. No debt.
Lester Green, independent. Raised $36,886. Spent $35,187. Cash on hand $1,699. Debt $5,000.
Wally Pang, independent. No report available.
Harold Taylor, Libertarian. No report available.
Barbara Dale Washer, Reform Party. No report available.
Bennie Thompson, Democratic incumbent. Raised $1,577,142. Spent $790,278. Cash on hand $2,002,600. No debt.
Bill Marcy, Republican: Raised $39,466. Spent $25,611. Cash on hand $13,855. No debt.
Ashley Norwood, Reform Party: No report available.
Gregg Harper, Republican incumbent: Raised $624,130. Spent $465,084. Cash on hand 176,322. No debt.
Joel Gill, Democrat: No current report on FEC website, but Gill tells The Associated Press he has raised about $4,700.
Tracella Lou O’Hara Hill, Reform Party: No report available.
Gene Taylor, Democratic incumbent: Raised $615,605. Spent $504,014. Cash on hand $331,072. No debt.
Steven Palazzo, Republican: Raised $534,844. Spent $331,262. Cash on hand $203,582. Debt $32,000.
Kenneth “Tim” Hampton, Libertarian: No report available.
Anna Jewel Revies, Reform Party: No report available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters