By the numbers: MS congressional races
by Associated Press
Published: October 19,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Here’s a glance at Mississippi congressional campaign finance reports for money raised and spent through Sept. 30, according to the Federal Election Commission website Monday. Candidates’ reporting deadline was this past Friday.
The most dramatic gap is the in the 2nd district, where Bennie Thompson has more than $2 million in cash on hand, while his opponent Bill Marcy has more than $13,000.
Travis Childers, Democratic incumbent: Raised $1,627,620. Spent $1,162,111. Cash on hand $494,848. Debt $100,000.
Alan Nunnelee, Republican: Raised $1,401,910. Spent $1,078,921. Cash on hand $322,989. No debt.
A.G. Baddley, independent. No report available.
Rick “Rico” Hoskins, independent. No report available.
Gail Giaramita, Constitution Party. Raised $11,330. Spent $10,574. Cash on hand $755. No debt.
Lester Green, independent. Raised $36,886. Spent $35,187. Cash on hand $1,699. Debt $5,000.
Wally Pang, independent. No report available.
Harold Taylor, Libertarian. No report available.
Barbara Dale Washer, Reform Party. No report available.
Bennie Thompson, Democratic incumbent. Raised $1,577,142. Spent $790,278. Cash on hand $2,002,600. No debt.
Bill Marcy, Republican: Raised $39,466. Spent $25,611. Cash on hand $13,855. No debt.
Ashley Norwood, Reform Party: No report available.
Gregg Harper, Republican incumbent: Raised $624,130. Spent $465,084. Cash on hand 176,322. No debt.
Joel Gill, Democrat: No current report on FEC website, but Gill tells The Associated Press he has raised about $4,700.
Tracella Lou O’Hara Hill, Reform Party: No report available.
Gene Taylor, Democratic incumbent: Raised $615,605. Spent $504,014. Cash on hand $331,072. No debt.
Steven Palazzo, Republican: Raised $534,844. Spent $331,262. Cash on hand $203,582. Debt $32,000.
Kenneth “Tim” Hampton, Libertarian: No report available.
Anna Jewel Revies, Reform Party: No report available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy