JetBlue attendant who ‘went postal’ due for hearing
by Associated Press
Published: October 19,2010
Tags: JetBlue Airways Corp.
NEW YORK – The former flight attendant whose famous New York City meltdown landed him in court is scheduled for another hearing and may avoid jail time.
Steven Slater was scheduled for a hearing Tuesday. He’s charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.
The incident occurred Aug. 9 aboard a JetBlue Airways Corp. flight from Pittsburgh that had just landed at Kennedy International Airport. Slater got on the loudspeaker, cursed at passengers, then slid down the plane’s emergency chute with a beer.
Slater was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and may be eligible for an alternative sentencing program. That means instead of jail time he would face treatment or community service, or both.
He’s resigned from JetBlue. His unusual departure made him a cult hero to some.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable