JetBlue attendant who ‘went postal’ due for hearing
NEW YORK – The former flight attendant whose famous New York City meltdown landed him in court is scheduled for another hearing and may avoid jail time.
Steven Slater was scheduled for a hearing Tuesday. He’s charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.
The incident occurred Aug. 9 aboard a JetBlue Airways Corp. flight from Pittsburgh that had just landed at Kennedy International Airport. Slater got on the loudspeaker, cursed at passengers, then slid down the plane’s emergency chute with a beer.
Slater was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and may be eligible for an alternative sentencing program. That means instead of jail time he would face treatment or community service, or both.
He’s resigned from JetBlue. His unusual departure made him a cult hero to some.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete