JetBlue attendant who ‘went postal’ due for hearing
NEW YORK – The former flight attendant whose famous New York City meltdown landed him in court is scheduled for another hearing and may avoid jail time.
Steven Slater was scheduled for a hearing Tuesday. He’s charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.
The incident occurred Aug. 9 aboard a JetBlue Airways Corp. flight from Pittsburgh that had just landed at Kennedy International Airport. Slater got on the loudspeaker, cursed at passengers, then slid down the plane’s emergency chute with a beer.
Slater was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and may be eligible for an alternative sentencing program. That means instead of jail time he would face treatment or community service, or both.
He’s resigned from JetBlue. His unusual departure made him a cult hero to some.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma