JetBlue attendant who ‘went postal’ due for hearing
NEW YORK – The former flight attendant whose famous New York City meltdown landed him in court is scheduled for another hearing and may avoid jail time.
Steven Slater was scheduled for a hearing Tuesday. He’s charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.
The incident occurred Aug. 9 aboard a JetBlue Airways Corp. flight from Pittsburgh that had just landed at Kennedy International Airport. Slater got on the loudspeaker, cursed at passengers, then slid down the plane’s emergency chute with a beer.
Slater was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and may be eligible for an alternative sentencing program. That means instead of jail time he would face treatment or community service, or both.
He’s resigned from JetBlue. His unusual departure made him a cult hero to some.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015