Natchez hospital gets OK for heart services
Published: October 20,2010
NATCHEZ — State health officials have approved plans by Natchez Regional Medical Center to reopen its catheterization lab.
The state approved the plans Tuesday.
NRMC officials have said that with the approval the hospital can have heart testing services patient-ready by late November. The services had not been offered at NRMC since 2007.
Natchez Community Hospital dropped its opposition to the lab in September.
NRMC officials say the lab’s staff has been training at the catheterization lab at St. Dominic Hospital in Jackson.
Cardiac catheterization testing scans images of arteries to determine if there is any blockage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams