Natchez hospital gets OK for heart services
Published: October 20,2010
NATCHEZ — State health officials have approved plans by Natchez Regional Medical Center to reopen its catheterization lab.
The state approved the plans Tuesday.
NRMC officials have said that with the approval the hospital can have heart testing services patient-ready by late November. The services had not been offered at NRMC since 2007.
Natchez Community Hospital dropped its opposition to the lab in September.
NRMC officials say the lab’s staff has been training at the catheterization lab at St. Dominic Hospital in Jackson.
Cardiac catheterization testing scans images of arteries to determine if there is any blockage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option