Natchez hospital gets OK for heart services
by Associated Press
Published: October 20,2010
NATCHEZ — State health officials have approved plans by Natchez Regional Medical Center to reopen its catheterization lab.
The state approved the plans Tuesday.
NRMC officials have said that with the approval the hospital can have heart testing services patient-ready by late November. The services had not been offered at NRMC since 2007.
Natchez Community Hospital dropped its opposition to the lab in September.
NRMC officials say the lab’s staff has been training at the catheterization lab at St. Dominic Hospital in Jackson.
Cardiac catheterization testing scans images of arteries to determine if there is any blockage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Corps allots more funding to projects in Mississippi
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation