Natchez hospital gets OK for heart services
by Associated Press
Published: October 20,2010
NATCHEZ — State health officials have approved plans by Natchez Regional Medical Center to reopen its catheterization lab.
The state approved the plans Tuesday.
NRMC officials have said that with the approval the hospital can have heart testing services patient-ready by late November. The services had not been offered at NRMC since 2007.
Natchez Community Hospital dropped its opposition to the lab in September.
NRMC officials say the lab’s staff has been training at the catheterization lab at St. Dominic Hospital in Jackson.
Cardiac catheterization testing scans images of arteries to determine if there is any blockage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections