Natchez hospital gets OK for heart services
Published: October 20,2010
NATCHEZ — State health officials have approved plans by Natchez Regional Medical Center to reopen its catheterization lab.
The state approved the plans Tuesday.
NRMC officials have said that with the approval the hospital can have heart testing services patient-ready by late November. The services had not been offered at NRMC since 2007.
Natchez Community Hospital dropped its opposition to the lab in September.
NRMC officials say the lab’s staff has been training at the catheterization lab at St. Dominic Hospital in Jackson.
Cardiac catheterization testing scans images of arteries to determine if there is any blockage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar