Blackwood joins Bradley Arant practice group
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP, is pleased to announce that Kelly R. Blackwood has joined the firm as an associate in the Environmental & Toxic Tort practice group. Blackwood joins the firm from Phelps Dunbar, where she served as an associate. She previously was a senior attorney with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
Blackwood’s practice involves regulatory and litigation work with a wide range of experience in environmental permitting and enforcement matters. She has a strong working relationship with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and works regularly with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. She has represented clients before Mississippi state courts, the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Environmental Quality Permit Board.
She has served as lead counsel in negotiating numerous enforcement settlements, and has routinely assisted with obtaining construction and operating permits and advising clients on associated compliance matters. Blackwood’s environmental practice also has included property acquisitions, due diligence matters, contaminated properties, brownfield redevelopment, natural resource damages, remediation and restoration and wetlands assessments.
Blackwood holds a J.D. from Mississippi College and a B.B.A. from the University of Mississippi. She is listed in Chambers USA in the category of environment. Blackwood also has taught environmental law as an adjunct professor at the Mississippi College School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager